PDA

View Full Version : APP for shrinking files on MS?

Mourningstar
August 31st, 2005, 02:40
Is there an app for shrinking/compressing files on the memory stick? :confused:

Kaiser
August 31st, 2005, 06:49
Yup its called winzip. :)

Mourningstar
August 31st, 2005, 07:32
You can zip EVERYTHING?

Cap'n 1time
August 31st, 2005, 14:54
You can zip EVERYTHING?

yah, you just can unzip it on the psp. mwahahahaha!

i guess you could get some batch file to autoload via bochs or dosbox.. but that would be a waste of time.

Mourningstar
September 1st, 2005, 04:41
yah, you just can unzip it on the psp. mwahahahaha!

i guess you could get some batch file to autoload via bochs or dosbox.. but that would be a waste of time.

Would you care to explain how?

I tried zipping the whole snes9xTYL folder but it wouldnt work....

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2005, 05:34
well, first you would need some sort of compression app for dos. then it would be a simple matter of writing a batch file in notepad and automatically loading it in somthing like dosbox.

it would look somthing like this

blah.exe -u blah.zip ms0\psp\
where blah.exe is the tool
-u is the uncompression command
blah.zip is what you want to uncompress
and ms0\psp\ is the directory that you want to uncompress it... or at least thats what ive always seen.
once again its kind of useles.. but if you need help just find me a dos based compression tool and il get you set up... as best I can.

or do it yourself. just find out the correct commands and in notepad type them in. then be sure you save it as a *.bat file.

Mourningstar
September 2nd, 2005, 04:31
If you can do it then you should do it and send it to Waggster and let him put it on the site. ;)

RedKing14CA
September 2nd, 2005, 05:40
hmmm.... maybe... just maybe.... you could.... well.... hmm.... uhh.... i actually dont know.... anything.... about file compressing.... hmm..... well.... get a bigger memstick, i got my 1gb for 105$

parabolee
September 2nd, 2005, 15:04
It wouldn't be worth the effort for the small amount of space you would save. Plus running it from dosbox or bocks probably wouldn't be practical.

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2005, 19:39
It wouldn't be worth the effort for the small amount of space you would save. Plus running it from dosbox or bocks probably wouldn't be practical.

exactly, this is really pointless, but a nice thought.

Mourningstar
September 2nd, 2005, 19:47
Oh, I get it, it wouldnt be worth it.....ah, it was a thought anyways....

tophead420
June 1st, 2006, 11:30
hmmm.... maybe... just maybe.... you could.... well.... hmm.... uhh.... i actually dont know.... anything.... about file compressing.... hmm..... well.... get a bigger memstick, i got my 1gb for 105$
i agree if it can be done it needs to be on the site and also you give 105 bucks for a 1 gig mem stick whoaaaa your crazy you can get a i think there called san disk mem stick for like 70 and there just as good if not better than the sony brand

NiGame
June 1st, 2006, 11:35
ERM! where are you getting ripped off i bought both my 2GB sony (hi speed) cards for £40 - around $70