PDA

View Full Version : Lunar psx on psp, disc 2 not loading! freezing. any help?

dj-kenpo
March 25th, 2008, 22:56
Hey all, 1st post.

I was all happy to be playing lunar the silver star story SSSC on my psp. got through disc1, got to the disc2 loading screen, used epsxe to save past it,

disc 2 won't load, it just freezes after the ps1 logo.

sadness fills my heart. I wanted to play it so bad.
anyone have any ideas?
I'm running 3.90 m33 using popstation, but perhaps not the right version...

I tried downloading a version online that had both discs in one eboot, again, disc1 loaded fine, disc 2 (which i could select by going to the home screen) nada. It just froze after the ps1 logo.

same issue as on my own versions I made using autopopstation.

thanks.

I knwo others have gotten it running fine, so clearly I'm doign something wrong, I just don't know what.

Triv1um
March 25th, 2008, 22:58
There is a multidisc thing.

Search it here, it will be somewere in the PSP news.

It might be worth trying that.

dj-kenpo
March 25th, 2008, 23:09
what do you mean by multi disc thing?

did a search already. most of them were about people unable to save past disc1.

that's not my issue. it's that disc2 simply freezes on boot.

all 3 versions that I've tried.

jxx2005
March 26th, 2008, 01:06
its a program that converts multiple discs into one eboot
goto dark alex's website
its on there
www.dark-alex.org

dj-kenpo
March 26th, 2008, 13:33
oh, well thanks, but like I said, I already have it combined as one single eboot.

jxx2005
March 26th, 2008, 14:12
well if its just disc 2 that is messed up
then i'd say your ISO is messed up
have you tried re-ripping it?

dj-kenpo
March 26th, 2008, 14:59
ya, I have.

I also downloaded one made by a guy (won't post a link) but it's well done and he did a bunch that are confirmed by people to work (but there's no contact for him though and I wouldn't bug him anyways) he also combined both discs into a dual disc eboot.

that one will load disc one, but freezes on disc2 after the ps1 logo as well.

different copies, same issue, so it seems to be an issue with my psp, as others are playing the game fine.

it's really frustrating.

I'm not sure if there's something specific to get things running correctly with 3.90? I'm tempted to go back to 3.71 in desperation.

No_one_in_particular
March 26th, 2008, 17:19
If you're thinking of going back to 3.71, presumably it works on that firmware? Well then have you tried choosing the 371 pops?

dj-kenpo
March 26th, 2008, 19:29
the pops part has me confused.
can I mix and match? run 3.71 pops on 3.90?

I'm wondering if it's my install of pops+firmware being a mismatch. I can't remember what version of pops I have as it was a while ago.

I really can't think of any other reason as to why a game that works on other peoples psp's wouldn't work on mine.

is pops uber important to the usage of ps1 games?

Centralpaguy69
March 27th, 2008, 01:43
I'm having the exact same issue...no matter what i try disk 2 keeps freezing before it loads...disk 1 works fine...i'm running 3.90 m33 as well....I tried cwcheat, no luck since i can't get the eboot for disk 2 to load....and i tried other popsloader versions as well.....I'm getting really frustrated also..... can anyone help point us in another direction? :confused:

jxx2005
March 27th, 2008, 04:58
the pops part has me confused.
can I mix and match? run 3.71 pops on 3.90?

I'm wondering if it's my install of pops+firmware being a mismatch. I can't remember what version of pops I have as it was a while ago.

I really can't think of any other reason as to why a game that works on other peoples psp's wouldn't work on mine.

is pops uber important to the usage of ps1 games?

the popsloader
lets you run PSX games using the pops files from old firmwares
like FFVII doesnt run well on 3.90 but great on 3.52
so you use popsloader plugin to run the 3.52 pops files to run the game as if you were using that firmware

dj-kenpo
March 27th, 2008, 13:12
Ahh,

so Centralpaguy69, what version of pops are you using? are you using pops or just using the built in 3.90?

I need to test some different version tonight

Centralpaguy69
March 30th, 2008, 20:15
I am using 3.90, but i tried to use popsloader, and when u hold the r button and try and switch pops, once u pick one it locks up....I have tried reflashing back to 3.71 m33, 3.80 m33-5 (i think) on 3.90 m33...

disk 1 worked just fine for me, but no matter what i try disk 2 just won't load

Centralpaguy69
April 1st, 2008, 02:00
i reflashed to 3.80 m33-5, made a multi disk eboot, and using popsloader i set it for pops 3.72 and it finally worked fine....i refinished disk 1 and at the disk change screen i used the change disk option and it loaded no problem....