PDA

View Full Version : Dont get a 1GB memory car

YourStillWithMe
August 31st, 2005, 08:52
I was just about to go up to my room last night to play some Tiger Woods and finsih up my career but as soon as i got up there it stated "No memory stick inserted" im thining bs i have a 1GB memory tick with tons of shit so i try ot slowly take it when its not loading and insert it again and it still doesnt work than i tried to format the memory stick because i have all of my data BACKED UP ON MY CPU-You all should do that as well! Basically I think I got a f****** dead memory stick! Anybody know the warranties or anything I can do about this? I'm really pssed off htis makes me question if i should just not buy from sandisk again and just get a Sony one regardless of its size. Because whats the ense of paying x amount of dollars if its just gonna screw up again? please post with ideas thank you

F34R
August 31st, 2005, 09:54
take your card, and use a card reader on the pc and reformat it like that. Basically you have a corrupt mem stick, not a dead one. The Sandisk cards are better than any Sony branded card you'll find. People have had problems with the Sony brand of cards as well. Most are just scared to post because they know they've spent more money on a lesser product.

Treat the PSP and the mem stick a little better in the future. Almost all of the problems I've read about so far have been the users fault. I've had mine since the start of May, and havent had a single problem with mine. Trust me, I've written/erased over 100 gigs on this stick (Sandisk 1gig) already.

*o*
August 31st, 2005, 09:58
i thought sandisk was a good brand?

F34R
August 31st, 2005, 09:59
i thought sandisk was a good brand?

.. .and you would be right. Sandisk is an excellent brand. Like I stated above, a lot of the time problems are caused by the user, and not the fault of the brand.

*o*
August 31st, 2005, 10:09
good! im ordering a sandisk and waiting......yep thats right waiting

YourStillWithMe
August 31st, 2005, 17:05
Thank you F34R! I think i put way to much into the card at one time. One time i left it with 170KB's left. . . . So I just need to find a pc card reader? Do a lot fo people have those i dont know anyon who has one on the top of my head. . .?

F34R
September 1st, 2005, 07:16
Well, I dont know if that WILL solve your problem. A number of people have had success with using the card reader to reformat the mem stick. If it wont, then you should probably replace it.

Here is a link to several card readers:
http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Subcategory.asp?Subcategory=69