PDA

View Full Version : Metroid project: update #2

acn010
March 26th, 2008, 17:05
well today im gonna show you guys my progress of my metroid engine..
it is still very very early and i got tons of things to edit..
for this project, im using game maker ( since i have no other programs to use in order to test) it is easy till i finally work on the psp sdk
but for now game maker is my choice....
here is a preview of the metroid engine
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/?action=view&current=MOV00009.flv
i am also need help for a good font for the game.. so please help...
cheers!:thumbup:

that1guywiththeface
March 26th, 2008, 18:35
Will this one take place before or after Metroid Fusion(4)? Several people already tried making their own versions of Metroid 5 but they all sucked....

Here's to hoping that this one won't!

acn010
March 26th, 2008, 23:09
this game takes after Super Metroid and before Metroid Fusion.... i actually studied the history of the game and i can blend my story between those two...
before... i was gonna make between metroid2 and super metroid but... when i studied... the little Metroid was captured several days later.. so its a no go... investigate if you want.....

i also created new creatures... but there sketched at the moment.. ill scan it and post it soon

that1guywiththeface
March 27th, 2008, 01:11
Cool. Good luck man. Or girl, whatever.

acn010
March 27th, 2008, 18:09
im a guy... so respect me cause im older in real life and in the forums muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jok jok.. lol
please, people comment please!
more background images has been made and will be uploaded in moments
p.s
i need fonts!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThisMetEngineNotMine
April 20th, 2008, 06:28
I was searching for another Metroid Engine project and found this. This is a VERY poorly edited (messed up/ worse) version of Seeker's old and great open source Metroid Engine found at http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=233197&hl=

His old engine can't be downloaded from there any more. He took it down after a bunch of idiots like this decided to take credit for all of his work after he was NICE enough to share his source code. Now other people can't benefit from his help because of crap like this.

acn010, please do yourself a favor and have these Metroid projects of "yours" deleted. I know Seeker will be really pissed if/when he sees this. Just a heads up. Don't STEAL!

P.S. I do have the .exe of one of Seeker's latest versions of the engine. It's beautiful stuff. But no source code though thanks to this kind of crap.