PDA

View Full Version : Wab Version Changer V2 Released

SmashinGit
September 1st, 2005, 10:24
This is a quote from the wab website

One Time Again Yoshihiro, just release the Wab Version Changer V2

This is described as the First Firmware Trick for Games that need Firmware 1.52 to run on your PSP and Cant Run UPDATER 1.52 or 2.0. The System thinks it's a PSP v1.52 ,v1.0 ,v2.0 even if its a v1.5 or 1.0.

This is how it works.

Unrar the file and put the Folders into :
▓█ X:/PSP/GAMES/
▓█ Then follow the instructions on the screen
▓█ START : Quit without change
▓█ Square : Trick to Firm v1.0
▓█ Circle : Back to Firm v1.5
▓█ Cross : Trick to Firm v1.52
▓█ Triangle : Trick to Firmware v2.0
▓█ When is done you can go to System Settings =>
▓█ System Information and Check Your System Version :=)
▓█ Then launch the game!
▓█ Enjoy!!

Let me state that I have not tested this and I do not know if it works or not.

I haven't put a link to the download.

F34R
September 1st, 2005, 13:27
You are kinda late on this one.

SmashinGit
September 1st, 2005, 19:36
Oooops!!

Sorry! :)

skagga
September 7th, 2005, 16:40
Hiya
What i can,t seem to get my head around is why on the instructions it says that if you press square it tricks the psp to V1.00 firmware.If you have say a 1.50 and you need to trick to 1.52 to play the new games,what use is the option to trick to 1.00?.
I have a 1.00 and have just bought Medievil but have not yet played it, because i want to use the Wab changer but i want to know first that when i change the firmware to 1.52 to play my game,that i will then be able to change the firmware back down to 1.00 and not 1.50.
If any one knows that i can do this with the Wab changer or have a 1.00 and has used the changer to change their firmware from 1.00 to 1.52 and back again please let me know as i would be really grateful and i,m busting to play my new game. :confused:

ataribob
September 7th, 2005, 18:47
Hiya
What i can,t seem to get my head around is why on the instructions it says that if you press square it tricks the psp to V1.00 firmware.If you have say a 1.50 and you need to trick to 1.52 to play the new games,what use is the option to trick to 1.00?.
I have a 1.00 and have just bought Medievil but have not yet played it, because i want to use the Wab changer but i want to know first that when i change the firmware to 1.52 to play my game,that i will then be able to change the firmware back down to 1.00 and not 1.50.
If any one knows that i can do this with the Wab changer or have a 1.00 and has used the changer to change their firmware from 1.00 to 1.52 and back again please let me know as i would be really grateful and i,m busting to play my new game. :confused:

Just make sure your have the power on.
You can change it up and down as many times you like.
I did it back and forth with no problems.

I had a 1.50 changed it to 2.0 and then deleted the wab changer folder.

slik da relic
September 8th, 2005, 06:44
Just make sure your have the power on.
You can change it up and down as many times you like.
I did it back and forth with no problems.

I had a 1.50 changed it to 2.0 and then deleted the wab changer folder.

does that mean that its set to "look" like a 2.0 to play 2.0 games, but still play homebrew games at 1.5????? ur basically puttin 2.0 in ur system for a long term, till futher notice. sorta like psp personalize, u dont need the folders until u wanna change the pictures again.

da relic

shizzle
September 8th, 2005, 07:34
the 1.0 option is for people with 1.0 psps so they can then revert back to 1.0 for safe updating.

skagga
September 8th, 2005, 10:19
Thanks for the replys guys but i,m still not convinced.I don,t think i,ll try it until someone who has a V1.00 has said(and that i belive them)that i can change from V1 to V1.52 and then back to V1.00.
With all that is being said about team wab and thier upgrader/downgrader,i don,t think i,ll take the chance and loose my V1.00 firmware.I,ll just buy another psp just for the new games that are coming out.Anyway cheers guys. ;)

ataribob
September 8th, 2005, 16:11
skagga
You need not worry
You can change it to 2.0 and still play all the games as if your still at 1.0.
I change mine back in forth from 1.0 1.5. 1.52, 2.00
So happy with the result/

I kept the 2.00 on and deleted the wab folder.
For all the basics I have 2.00 and can play everything i still have on the card.
You won't lose your 1.0 ability at all.

ataribob
September 8th, 2005, 16:16
[QUOTE=SmashinGit]This is a quote from the wab website

One Time Again Yoshihiro, just release the Wab Version Changer V2

This is described as the First Firmware Trick for Games that need Firmware 1.52 to run on your PSP and Cant Run UPDATER 1.52 or 2.0. The System thinks it's a PSP v1.52 ,v1.0 ,v2.0 even if its a v1.5 or 1.0.

This is how it works.

Unrar the file and put the Folders into :
▓█ X:/PSP/GAMES/
▓█ Then follow the instructions on the screen
▓█ START : Quit without change
▓█ Square : Trick to Firm v1.0
▓█ Circle : Back to Firm v1.5
▓█ Cross : Trick to Firm v1.52
▓█ Triangle : Trick to Firmware v2.0
▓█ When is done you can go to System Settings =>
▓█ System Information and Check Your System Version :=)
▓█ Then launch the game!
▓█ Enjoy!!

It goes in :/PSP/GAME/
even the wab team had games in the instruction?

skagga
September 8th, 2005, 18:33
Thanx Bob i did trust your word,and indeed you can change the firmware but Medievil still will not play.You get the title screen but game just won,t start.When you change the firmware the title screen comes on but game will not start,when you leave it at firmware 1.00 you get the title screen but when you try to start the game a message comes up telling you to upgrade to 1.52 with the upgrade on the game.
Just one thing though,the wab changer comes with 2 folders,on a 1.00 do you have to put both folders in psp/game or just the one without the %.
Again if anyone has a V 1.00 and has played medievil on it, can you let me know.---Cheers :confused:

ataribob
September 8th, 2005, 18:51
Both folders go in Psp\Game

skagga
September 8th, 2005, 19:24
Nope it does,nt look like it will work on the V1.00 firmware,plus now one of my snes emu,s has no roms showing.It looks like i will have to buy a new psp if i want to play the new games and use this one for all the homebrew.Anyway cheers for the help. ;)

SmashinGit
September 8th, 2005, 19:38
Please correct me if i'm wrong, (i'm sure you all will), but didn't the firmware update from 1.00 to 1.5 actually have some graphics upgrade as well as security upgrades, which new games like Coded Arms uses which would make it impossible for version 1.00 users to run these games without actually upgrading?

ataribob
September 9th, 2005, 02:55
Nope it does,nt look like it will work on the V1.00 firmware,plus now one of my snes emu,s has no roms showing.It looks like i will have to buy a new psp if i want to play the new games and use this one for all the homebrew.Anyway cheers for the help. ;)

Find the 1.50 update.
You can then use the program to play the 2.0 and below.
That will save you the $249.00 to by another PSP.

When your upgrade to 1.5

Copy all your game folders to your computer then use a program like SeiPSPTool.exe and have it put them back in as 1.50.
It's pretty easy to do.
You can find the 1.50 update

You can get the Firmware update here
http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads.php.

Make sure you only do the 1.50 update.
and Jap or USA setting to match the version you have now.

With 1.50 you can still play homebrew and use the WAB Changer 2.5

Vampyronight
September 10th, 2005, 02:42
Has anyone gotten this to work on a 1.0 PSP? I keep trying but to no avail. I've tried to use PSP Sei to reconnect the eboots, but I get an error message. Any ideas?

ataribob
September 11th, 2005, 02:59
It would not hurt to update to 1.50.
at 1.50 you can use SeiPSPTool to put all your games back on.
Then you can use the Wab Changer to play any of the newer games you buy.

shizzle
September 11th, 2005, 09:32
or coded arms like i did when i upgrade, whether i bought it or not is irrevlant :D

skacore dan
September 13th, 2005, 00:32
Its odd

I press O for patched 1.5 and it states plug adapter in and press triangle :confused: My adapter is in. I press start to exit and check the system ver adn it still states 1.50 :(

ataribob
September 13th, 2005, 17:46
Its odd

I press O for patched 1.5 and it states plug adapter in and press triangle :confused: My adapter is in. I press start to exit and check the system ver adn it still states 1.50 :(

A fully charged battery will not work
You must have the orange Power light on.

If you use a USB adapter to charge it that sometimes does not work.

as long as your battery is charging it should work

skacore dan
September 13th, 2005, 20:18
Ah thank you for clearing that up ataribob, most appreciated =)