PDA

View Full Version : UMD Iso Movie on PSP

arcadekidflo
March 29th, 2008, 19:01
How do you run the iso movies ? On custom firmwares you have the folder ISO and inside VIDEO . I put 2 different movies in VIDEO and they are not recognised . Anyone succeeded playing them ?

SSaxdude
March 29th, 2008, 19:36
I believe you would put them in the ISO folder which is in the root of the memory stick. A better alternative would be to convert the videos from a DVD to PSP format instead of ripping a copy from a UMD.

MicroNut
March 29th, 2008, 20:33
How do you run the iso movies ? On custom firmwares you have the folder ISO and inside VIDEO . I put 2 different movies in VIDEO and they are not recognised . Anyone succeeded playing them ?

I think you have that right.
ms0:\ISO\VIDEO

What is the error?

I can get my UMD movie ISO's to work.
They are all the same region as my PSP.

From what I understand they only have a problem if they are from another region code.

If you are getting a region code error
Try this and let me know what the result is
How can I watch foreign UMD Videos? (http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=911)

jxx2005
March 29th, 2008, 22:05
I know this could be construed as "i want to play my back up files" but i think its close to the danger zone of discussion

MicroNut
March 29th, 2008, 23:39
When I get back from Japan in June I will be finally able to test this myself.
Been wanting to buy some animation umd's for quite awhile.
Just didn't think it was worth it.

arcadekidflo
March 30th, 2008, 07:29
Can't give you feed back now on the UMD Emulator trick because it doesn't work for me . I start it and the console just shuts down...Anyone had this issue before ?
I also enabled "region free umd" from the configuration menu ,but that's not the issue, the console does not even see the movie inside the VIDEO folder ..

MicroNut
March 30th, 2008, 07:56
The PSP shuts down (just doesn't drop to the xmb as described)?
What firmware are you using?

Yes, there is a recent thread on this already about changing region codes in the Recovery Menu.
Does not work at all.

arcadekidflo
March 30th, 2008, 13:56
I'm on 3.80 M33-5 , i have the 1.50 kernel addon installed . I run Umd Emulator , i select iso type video, UMD type video , i have the a demo disc inside, i select the movie file and ..it shuts down :( . Are there specific settings to do there ?

MicroNut
April 1st, 2008, 11:26
Thanks for taking the time to test this.
Maybe it will just never work no matter what method is used.

arcadekidflo
April 6th, 2008, 11:58
I did it, can't believe it was so easy . Put the iso in the VIDEO folder , insert an UMD and press SELECT . It should pop-up something called VSH MENU . Look for the option ISO MOUNT and use your d-pad to select the movie file. Then just launch as a regular UMD movie .

MicroNut
April 6th, 2008, 13:21
Oh, so you just didn't know how to use the M33 Menu or what it was?
Nothing to do with out of region movies.

AdamRav
April 6th, 2008, 16:26
I've done everything arcadekidflo did

But no video shows up ???

what am i doing wrong ??

any help

AdamRav
April 6th, 2008, 16:33
Not to worry

got it workin, you need to put a umd inside to actually get the iso to load, kinda pointless if you ask me

arcadekidflo
April 6th, 2008, 17:28
That's the whole trick , the PSP checks if there an UMD inside before starting the movie .
Micronut, i put some japenese movies and they worked on my european PSP . That means there are no region issues, right ?

MicroNut
April 8th, 2008, 20:08
That's the whole trick , the PSP checks if there an UMD inside before starting the movie .
Micronut, i put some japenese movies and they worked on my european PSP . That means there are no region issues, right ?
I guess not!
I am going to buy some and give it go.

jamotto
April 8th, 2008, 20:42
If you have the umd movie in iso form on your memorystick then any psp with the vsh menu option will play them no matter the region.

Some of the newer movies though I have had trouble getting a good copy of, for example Monty Python which was released not long ago.

arcadekidflo
December 14th, 2008, 21:50
Is there any way to play these movies also on Pc ? Through a PSP emulator maybe , i saw there's a few out ?