wtf i just found that.
http://spanish.engadget.com/2005/08/14/windows-95-y-linux-en-la-psp/
now we only need 3 keys, remember ;)

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2005, 23:21
wtf i just found that.
http://spanish.engadget.com/2005/08/14/windows-95-y-linux-en-la-psp/
now we only need 3 keys, remember ;)

yah, we know. its done with an x86 emulatorcalled bochs, and its SLOW! on a related topic another x86 emulator.. well, kinda- called dosbox is out too.

anyways, since currently the emulator only seems to support 8 megs of ram (it crashes if you try to use more) you cant use this without pitching a fit.

xuphorz
September 2nd, 2005, 00:38
wow :eek:
1timeuser being nice to a noob?
what's the world coming to?

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2005, 02:42
wow :eek:
1timeuser being nice to a noob?
what's the world coming to?

he mentioned linux... and i must be kind to thoes who mention the might of the penguin :)

RedKing14CA
September 2nd, 2005, 05:51
if only i could understand linux... if only :(..... yeah, i heard windows 95 ran well on the psp, well enough to run starcraft slowly.....

F34R
September 2nd, 2005, 09:46
if only i could understand linux... if only :(..... yeah, i heard windows 95 ran well on the psp, well enough to run starcraft slowly.....

You heard very wrong then. It runs just fast enough to open up PAINT, even that takes 2-3 mins to start up.

pepegomez
September 2nd, 2005, 20:15
HOLY Penguin im ur servant gemme an order ;)
its offtopic but thnx for not yelling me *g*
if it would be possible to emulate a win 3.0 or win 3.1, itll be awesome, i really loved those two system, most stable ver, in my oppinion :cool:

Cap'n 1time
September 2nd, 2005, 20:18
HOLY Penguin im ur servant gemme an order ;)
its offtopic but thnx for not yelling me *g*
if it would be possible to emulate a win 3.0 or win 3.1, itll be awesome, i really loved those two system, most stable ver, in my oppinion :cool:

thats a good point, has anyone tried running 3.1 with bochs yet?

F34R
September 3rd, 2005, 00:39
3.1 does work as well, though its not really any better than 95.

Cap'n 1time
September 3rd, 2005, 02:04
3.1 does work as well, though its not really any better than 95.

well, in my opinion they are both crap.. so it dosnt much matter :rolleyes:

xuphorz
September 3rd, 2005, 02:07
i'll like it when the real dos emulator(not bochs, something else, forgot the name) for psp becomes better

Cap'n 1time
September 3rd, 2005, 02:13
i'll like it when the real dos emulator(not bochs, something else, forgot the name) for psp becomes better

bleh, dosbox is indeed a REAL dos emulator... but most of us would actually perfer a X86 emulator as you can do much more with it in the long run.

Cross
September 3rd, 2005, 03:35
well, in my opinion they are both crap.. so it dosnt much matter :rolleyes:

I agree with this statement, lets stick with making the pengiun Faster he is smarter!! :p

I 100% pref lionux though, and since I have been gone awhile its time for me to catch up on the scene ^-^

F34R
September 3rd, 2005, 10:28
So why would you even ask lol. They arent meant to be speed demons, or even for actually being productive with. I think its more of a "cool I got Win95 on my psp", then delete it off.

Cap'n 1time
September 3rd, 2005, 15:03
So why would you even ask lol. They arent meant to be speed demons, or even for actually being productive with. I think its more of a "cool I got Win95 on my psp", then delete it off.

well, if you want an os on your psp (other than windows), x86 emulation is certainly NOT the way to do it. no speed demons can ever come from this.