PDA

View Full Version : Who’s To Blame?

Elven6
March 30th, 2008, 20:02
Heres just a little article I wrote on my blog, which Id thought Id share with the rest of you :)

I was a huge fan of the original Condemned, the story line was amazing, the in your face battle system was awesome and really added to the fear, the graphics were awesome, on the Xbox 360 I didn’t notice any jaggies, which is suprising!

If only I could say the same about the Condemned 2: Bloodshot, I have come across the save game bug, in which the saves are on the hard drive but are not detected by the game! Luckily, I have not come across any of the audio issues so many are complaining about. I hope a fix is released because I refuse to play back up to the area I was at, especially when it could happen again.

So the question remains, who’s to blame? Is it the publisher, Sega, who could have forced the game development times, to cash off what would have sold good in either state (See KotOR 2)? Or is it the developers, who were just to lazy to fix these problems, or to lazy to thoroughly have their game tested. Yes I realize not everyone will come across these problems, but their are more then 2 beta testers at Monolith, plus the copies the employees probably played. If not the save glitch, how do you let the audio sync issues which many are facing who choose to run their audio through HDMI?

I expected 2008 to be Sega’s redemption year, in which they would shape up, get their act together, and release quality games. So far they have released two big titles, Condemned 2: Bloodshot, and Viking: Battle for Askgard, although both met with good reviews they both have problems, like really bad glitches that can stop you from going any further. I still recommend you buy these games though, they will probably get patched, soon…

Source (http://segafanclub.wordpress.com/2008/03/30/whos-to-blame/)

Digg This (http://digg.com/xbox/Who_s_To_Blame_5)

Dbgtgoten
March 30th, 2008, 23:15
uh don't worry about that i got bugged in saint row a few months ago when trying to play my old file it would bring up a white invisble man and try to restart the game all over i know exactly how to make the bug pop out again

Elven6
March 31st, 2008, 00:05
Was that isolated?