PDA

View Full Version : 20GB/MP3 Harddisk for PSP

cyan
September 2nd, 2005, 08:38
Yesterday I got my PSP – great little thing! Unfortunately Firmware 2.0! I own a Thomson Lyra MP3 Player with 20GB Space. Now I wonder if there’s any way to use this or other MP3 Players, which are more likely mobile Harddisks, for my PSP – instead of the memory stick. This would be great cause you only had to connect PSP<-USB->MP3Player and you would never need to by a new memory stick. 20GB of storage – this would be nice! The Problem is: If you’re running the USB-Mode on the PSP: You can’t get access the MP3 Player like the memory stick. Perhaps someone got an idea to solve this problem in any way?

chronostorm
September 2nd, 2005, 15:56
Wow, they're selling Firmware 2.0 psps already? I thought they were still on version 1.51 or .52. anyways, You need to have USB host on your mp3 in order to be able to connect it to your psp. I dont think the Thomson Lyra mp3 player has usb host, but I could be wrong. As of right now, you can't directly access the usb device for storage, but I'm pretty sure someone will find out how soon. I have a sony vgf ap1l, and it can download from the psp, but i dont think i can load information into the psp. One way to get around this is to get something with usb host. Either a pocket pc or a special mobile harddrive, and you can see your psp's files when usb mode is on. then you use the other device and copy files into the psp. It'd be sweet if they figure out how to have the psp browse USB devices.

Tazie
December 4th, 2005, 11:57
Hey all

i was asking myself the same question andfound this thread in search

is there already any device or better a portable usb disk which can do this ???

I read some that an aparcer steno would do the trich but can anyone specify which orso i need, but better would be an usb hdd cause i own a 30 gig laptop hdd in a ubs casing

greets