PDA

View Full Version : BBFC greenlights GTA IV

Shrygue
March 31st, 2008, 16:33
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30038/BBFC-greenlights-GTA-IV)

Age ratings board the BBFC has told MCV that GTA IV has been given an 18 certificate, after initially banning fellow Rockstar title Manhunt 2.

The confirmation means that Grand Theft Auto IV is all set for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 29th.

The news comes in the immediate aftermath of the Byron Review, in which age ratings for games have been under extreme scrutiny – from sources as diverse as the national media, the Government and, well, Anne Diamond.

F9zDark
March 31st, 2008, 17:20
I don't understand why the government doesn't simply make it illegal to sell these games to people without ID or age verification. While I don't believe these games actually harm children or make them do illegal things, strictly monitoring this and making it illegal will make the government happy, parents happy, etc. Parents will then think twice about buying a game like that for their children if they have pull out their ID to buy it.

As well, it will create a situation where games aren't to blame for these problems, but rather the parents that buy 18 or M rated games for their children...

Baboon
March 31st, 2008, 18:45
I don't understand why the government doesn't simply make it illegal to sell these games to people without ID or age verification. While I don't believe these games actually harm children or make them do illegal things, strictly monitoring this and making it illegal will make the government happy, parents happy, etc. Parents will then think twice about buying a game like that for their children if they have pull out their ID to buy it.

As well, it will create a situation where games aren't to blame for these problems, but rather the parents that buy 18 or M rated games for their children...

Wise words indeed.

lmtlmt
April 1st, 2008, 08:13
its MA15+ in Australia