PDA

View Full Version : OLD user needs some help..

YourStillWithMe
March 31st, 2008, 21:19
Hey guys, maybe some of you remember me..I used to be on here allllll the time.

anyway, my friend has a 3.10 custom firmware psp (non HX) ...i forgot...what is the custom firmware you need to go up to BEFORE you can make the jump up to the most current custom firmware? I think it was like 3.52...but i forgot exactly.

Links would be some great help as well.

It just a 150.pbp X.pbp process like usual if im not mistaken, right?

thanks

-Yourstill

bah
April 1st, 2008, 08:59
Get the updates from http://www.dark-alex.org/

Update to 3.52 M33, then 3.52 M33-4.
Then choose if you want either 3.71 M33, 3.80 M33 or 3.90 M33
Finally, update to the most recent version of the one you chose (3.71 M33-4, 3.80 M33-5 or 3.90M33-3).

You do not need to install all the updates in between, just the 'release', and the latest update for it for each firmware version.

The readme files included with the download explains how to update, its very easy.

If it's a fat psp then install the appropriate 1.50 addon for that firmware once you have updated it to the most recent revision.

RoAdK1LL
April 1st, 2008, 19:01
I'm in the same situation.

I was on 3.10 OE-A and have just updated to 3.52 M33-4
Not sure what to go upto next? Will 3.71 M33-4 play God Of War, Patapon etc? If so I may settle for that now.

Also, do I need to do this Pandora's business?? I've had no problems so far doing all these different firmwares..??

Many thanks

*Edit* - My PSP is a big fat original one :D

bah
April 1st, 2008, 19:18
I do not know the firmware required to play those games.

You do not need to use the pandora's battery method to install a newer custom firmware if you are running an older custom firmware.

It is used to get from an official firmware to a custom one, or to fix a bricked (corrupt internal software, will not turn on) PSP. Since you have gotten a custom firmware on the PSP some time in the past, it can already run unofficial (homebrew) code and you can update its to newer custom firmwares without anything else needed (besides you following the readme instructions).

RoAdK1LL
April 1st, 2008, 19:30
Thanks alot Bah :D