PDA

View Full Version : Removed battery during update.

ShoyKing
April 1st, 2008, 03:47
Oookay. Long story.
Friend offered to let me play FF:Crisis Core during History.
So I put the disk in and it asks to update. I figure it won't take long, so I tell it to go for it.

Then at about 68%, the bell rings, and my friend says "I need the game back. Just take the battery out, and give me the disk. Update when you get home."

I think nothing of it, and give him the disk, taking out the battery as directed.

Now my PSP turns on, no backlight, black screen. Power light is green. Stays that way for about a minute or so, then it just shuts off.
Obviously bricked, no?

My brother was having some troubles with his Pandora's battery earlier, so I made a magic memory stick. Worked wonders for his PSP. It's now back and mostly functional, so I thought I'd try it on my PSP to fix it.

Well, the only difference from having the usual battery in it is now I get a backlight, and it stays on indefinitely; But it won't do anything. It doesn't read from the memory stick for the Magic Crap, and it won't run Pandora.

What am I missing?
Thanks.

Update: Followed this guide to a t:
http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=64

But it now doesn't have a backlight, nor display the elusive menu. Same old green light, black screen. Nothing more.
I would like to guess that my main problem is the PSP is NOT reading the memory card slot. How do I fix this all in general? D:

Wally
April 1st, 2008, 06:27
Is it slim?

You need the new despart del cementario version 4 to be able to run pandora on slim]

Your memory stick could be fake

ShoyKing
April 1st, 2008, 11:24
Well, I used Despar del Cemetario v4 and the memory stick is an official sony one. Haven't had any problems with it before really. Is there a way to check if it's fake?

Yes, it's a Slim.

jxx2005
April 1st, 2008, 17:02
try remaking the magic memory stick

EmuChicken
April 2nd, 2008, 03:18
I think i had a lil problem with a blackscreen at one point, then i hit the screen brightness button and it came on for some reason.... good luck bud!

ICE
April 2nd, 2008, 03:25
Hahaha does no one else find this hysterical? You NEVER remove the battery during an update EVER!

Just hit x my friend. Its likely an old Pandora version where the screen wont work in slim. Hit x and wait for it to power off.

jxx2005
April 2nd, 2008, 04:29
Hahaha does no one else find this hysterical? You NEVER remove the battery during an update EVERY!

Just hit x my friend. Its likely an old Pandora version where the screen wont work in slim. Hit x and wait for it to power off.

thats what i thought when i read the title of the thread
i was like .... what?
but why would anyone do that...ever
it tells you when its updating
"Do Not remove the battery, UMD, or AC power cord during update."