PDA

View Full Version : So my XBOX360 Core off eBay is really a SDK XNA System?!?!?!

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 07:11
Ok I bought an extra xbox360 off eBay because it was cheap. It said the system was a core and would not play games but would play dvd's and they said it had no hard drive.

So I wanted the DVD Drive for my Original System and maybe some other stuff and i would just let me two year old use this for his dvd player in his room......

So I open up the box and def see an extra piece where the HDD normally goes is a huge piece that says DVD EMU and PIX. Weird but I thought maybe it was alike a 4 gig for other purposes *shrugs*

So i turn it on and it loads what looks like a launcher like what I used to have on my original XBOX.... and it says 96gigs of free HDD space..... I select the XBOX Launcher and it goes to the normal xbox360 screen. At this point I was like very cool I got a bigger HDD and a hacked XBOX I will just use this and give my son my old one.

NO.... it refuses to play games it just says this must be put in an XBOX360.... so I put in a movie and sure enough it plays..... ok weird.

So I go back to playing around in the launcher and it says XNA and to read the SDK kit for more information... WTF so I just got an XBOX 360 SDK kit, which I found out is called the XNA kit.... I have not hooked it up to the net, i am def going to have to figure out how the hell to transfer any saved games but how do I get this thing to play games and I assume this lets you run software thats coded... and provides you the code... so anyone want to help me find the information so i can start playing with this thing? I have been googling but I am not bringing anything useful up.

pibs
April 1st, 2008, 08:00
Its hard to believe anyone around april fools time.....

pics of proof would be nice, then we could take it more seriously and help in any way possible

ExcruciationX
April 1st, 2008, 08:06
I want to see pics, really bad.

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands. ;)

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 08:33
LOL I know I just got had on another forum lol. But no this is real umm I will post pics of the system I am to lazy to switch the TV around and hook it back up as I use my TV LCD for my Compy LCD right now too while I am re-wiring everything.

If you really want it make me an offer... I have no idea what they go for I am still looking.

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 09:08
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/CIMG2052.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/CrossGT6/CIMG2051.jpg

Xiofire
April 1st, 2008, 20:21
Yup, thats an SDK.
Seen a couple in magazines and stuff, with devs using them to play incomplete code.

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 20:40
Ok so I was hoping someone could let me know if I could play normal games, what I would need to connect to my PC I assume the dvd emu is for a usb cord.

Or would it be easier to sell on ebay and just buy a new HDMI 360 and keep the extra as my good fortune.

ExcruciationX
April 1st, 2008, 20:47
Whoa, it is real!

I would buy it if I had spare cash. Ebay would remove it if they saw it, though.

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 20:53
then how did i buy it??? Damit if I can't use this I got a paper weight... oh yaya. Atleast I did not spend a lot.... I am not a programmer though so learning how to use this is going to be interesting.

ExcruciationX
April 1st, 2008, 20:59
Someone passed it off as a normal one, I guess. They were trying to get rid of it for some reason...

I wonder if it plays backups. Would you buy some DVD's and burn games on them to see if it would run them?

Can you record a video of the launcher?

bobbob08
April 1st, 2008, 21:27
Wow, how nifty is that. I would buy that just to say I have one! I'm also wondering (like ExcruiationX) if that thing plays backups.

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 21:44
so just copy an xbox 360 game... I can get a video of the launcher or just a pic I will work on that shortly.

Honestly though as I said before it just looks like a normal hacked xbox but sayd sdk all over it.

pibs
April 1st, 2008, 22:12
Wow thats cool!

Hmm you wont be able to play retail games on it from what ive been reading.
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-10597.html

you should sell it or trade it with someone who needs an SDK, oh and don't go on live with it.

BrooksyX
April 1st, 2008, 22:24
You could probably get a pretty penny for that on the xbox-scene. Nice find!!!

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 22:36
Well it seems I can not use it so I guess I am keeping my current 360 and selling this one, thanks for all the info but making this play games would just be evil to do to it.

Well I guess I should just put it up for sale.

ExcruciationX
April 1st, 2008, 23:05
Erm, where?

Cross
April 1st, 2008, 23:35
forums and craigs list I guess.

ExcruciationX
April 5th, 2008, 04:07
Hmm, okay.

Tell me what it goes for.

____anders____
May 2nd, 2008, 02:38
hmm, maybe it's an old thread but anyways..

WHAT?!
you're kidding right?
you can make your own games with that!
please tell me you didn't sell it, cus i would keep it if i were you, i would at least keep the thing that sits in the HDD slot, cus it can be very useful some day..