PDA

View Full Version : Games on my PSP?

king1199
September 2nd, 2005, 21:12
I just got my son a psp(firmware 1.51) I wanted to know if i could play Homebrew games or could I do anything else on it! i know i read that the (1.50) can, But the other ones you can't. Why? and what could i do? Can somebody direct me in the right way... Thank you!!!!!!
This kid is driving me CRAZY!!! He wants to play his PsP...
Thank you!!!!!Again

Kaiser
September 2nd, 2005, 21:58
This has been asked so many times it makes my eyes bleed. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

THERE IS NO WAY FOR HOMEBREW ON 1.51 there is a downgrade in the works and should be released soon

shizzle
September 2nd, 2005, 23:30
watch the sig video, if you search, you will find that a 1.5x will be able to run homebrew within the week

king1199
September 3rd, 2005, 01:12
Guys I know what you’re talking about, I believe in the search button to. But I can’t search if I don’t know what I’m looking for….. I new with PSP deal. I’m just looking for somebody to send me in the right direction, not to tell me what to do. I search all over but all I found was something I did not want. Thank you guys……

slik da relic
September 3rd, 2005, 01:31
obviously this guy's new to the scene, so give em some slack. u CANNOT do anything on 1.51 or higher when it comes to homebrew. u CAN however, upgrade to 2.0 and surf the net. people r currently workin on cracking 2.0 as well as downgrading firmware, and even "tricking" the psp into thinking its a 1.5. but nothing exists at this time. if u just recently bought the psp (and u still got the receipt), u can take it back and work on getting a 1.5. how do u know if u have a 1.5? check the box where your serial numbers and barcode is located. in that area u'll see the number "120v". underneath that, it must be blank, or a letter A. "Blank" means its a 1.5 and it comes with the Spiderman 2 movie. "A" means its a 1.5 (no movie, sorry). these r things that u hafta know b4 buying a psp if u wanna do homebrew.

da relic

DDRLord
September 3rd, 2005, 02:54
You CAN however, upgrade to 2.0 and surf the net.
Since he didn't seem to stress it properly I thought I'd add something.
You CAN update to 2.0.
Just like you CAN cover yourself in gasoline and then light a match.
You'll feel just as bad with either one. ;)
It'd be best to wait up for the downgrader that Wab is said to bring out soon.
Then you can enjoy all the classics and teach your kid what games should be like.

king1199
September 3rd, 2005, 07:10
Thank you guys, That's all i needed. That's was verry helpfull. Thank you again.