PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking about a PS3

CeeGEE -I
April 1st, 2008, 15:40
I've been kinda looking to get a PS3. I noticed that there are different size gigs.(40, 60 and 80) Mostly I see in stores the 40 gig.
I know alot of things are different with the new PS3 from the PS2 such as the Blue Ray. What other things are different on it? I don't know much about the PS3 so I came here to get some info from anybody who knows alot about it.
I baught my brother the PS2 along time ago just to let you know that we do have sony consoles also I have the Sony slim PSP.
Any advice would be great:cool:

Thanks,

CeeGee- I

JKKDARK
April 1st, 2008, 20:42
The quality of games is something that you can't find on a PS3.

Triv1um
April 1st, 2008, 20:49
Remote play, wifi, DVD Upscaler, free online play, HDMI, ability to run PPC Linux OS's (ubuntu, yellow dog etc), good for all media (DIVX etc.) and much more.

I recomend getting one.

And JKK, a successful disc format is something that you can't find on a 360.

jonezybaby
April 2nd, 2008, 01:40
^^

and free online play (as microsoft think more about money then customers ;) )

lvse
April 2nd, 2008, 07:50
The quality of games is something that you can't find on a PS3.

Why,

Generally charges:D

JKKDARK
April 2nd, 2008, 17:28
And JKK, a successful disc format is something that you can't find on a 360.
I agree. But I don't care about movies.

^^

and free online play (as microsoft think more about money then customers ;) )
and worse online play, don't forget that.

CeeGEE -I
April 2nd, 2008, 17:57
I have never heard of JKK format. Is that a new kind of format? Is it like Blue ray?

Malksta
April 2nd, 2008, 17:58
Classic JKKDARK, always being a ***got but we still love him <3

Anyway, the games that I have played online with my Playstation have been pretty fun ( GT5P, Motorstorm, Call of Duty 4 ) so you can't say that the online mode is bad ( and if you do I will whip you )

CeeGEE -I
April 2nd, 2008, 18:07
Why are there the different gig sizes on the PS3's?

Malksta
April 2nd, 2008, 18:11
Probably so you can put on more Movies, Music, Games and stuff like that on your Playstation.

Shrygue
April 2nd, 2008, 18:34
If you want backward compatibility for PS2 games, you'll want the 60GB or 80GB edition. Plus those have card readers so you can insert Compact Flash, Sony Memory Stick PRO/PRO DUO and standard size SD/Mini SD cards too.

DarthPaul
April 2nd, 2008, 19:54
I was going to say what Shrygue just said. :)

The 40GB's model doesn't have PS2 backward compatibility, nor Media Card Readers, and has 2 USB Slots(The 60gb and 80gb models have 4). But... the 60 and 80gb's models were discontinued. So you won't find them in stores so easily.

I bought my 40gb's PS3 like 4 days ago, and to be honest, it's freaking sweet. There were no other models left, anywhere! But then, 1 day after I bought I went to K-Mart and saw some 80gb's but they were selling them for like $600, and the 40gb's is $399, and you can always get rid of the HDD and install a bigger one. I'm not missing any of those extra features. Plus I can buy a Media Card Reader for $13 and connect it to it. And add more USB Slots too. :) I'm pretty happy right now 'cause I connected my cellphone's Blue-Tooth head-set to the PS3 and I can use it as any other head-set. It freaking kicks ass.

The 40gb has some new technology that the past models didn't. An upgraded cooling system, more range for Wi-Fi and Blue-Tooth, and supposedly it saves more energy.

Triv1um
April 3rd, 2008, 01:35
I have never heard of JKK format. Is that a new kind of format? Is it like Blue ray?

Thats the funniest thing I've read all day.

I think you misread dude. :rofl::rofl: