PDA

View Full Version : Rengoku Review

bobcobb
September 2nd, 2005, 22:47
This is a short review of Rengoku. I bought the game the day after I got my PSP, didn't know much about it was the only game that really caught my attention on the rack. Lemme tell you, I wish I would have gotten something else.

Story 1/5
The story is kind of confusing, and doesn't really explain much about what is going on. You are Adam, an android not knowing his purpose in life or why he fights. Thats all you pretty much get. The dialogue with the bosses is short, and awful. At the end I pretty much understood what was going on, until the "shocking" ending. Don't buy the game for the story.

Gameplay 2/5
At first the gameplay seems pretty cool, and then you wonder when something new will happen, and it never does. Adam starts out without any weapons but his fists, and you pick up weapons from dead enemies. Although some weapons are cool, they all are simply upgraded versions of the same type of weapon. And who do you fight with these weapons. Other Androids, tons of them. Boxy room after boxy room, fighting one or two androids(sometimes 3!). The fighting gets old, and turns out to be about as complex as an amoeba.

Graphics 1.5/5
While some of the graphics of the androids and explosions are par, the level design, and overall quality is crap. The PSP can do better than this.

Sound 4/5
The only good part about this whole game. The sound has some pretty good beats, and I don't even like the techno kinda stuff. The in game sounds are ok, nothing spectacular. If you want to buy this game for the sound, your money can be invested better elsewhere.

Overall 2.3/5
Overall this game, although better than nothing for that long flight I beat it in to Europe, is crap. Looks like I should have gotten Lumines or Wipeout as my first PSP purchase. Oh well, impulse buys are risky.

Kaiser
September 3rd, 2005, 09:19
Well Done review. I rented the game once and I'd have to agree with you for the most part.

Plude220
September 3rd, 2005, 17:56
Great Review this was just about the worst game ive ever played it made no sence what so ever and just wasnt any fun it was the same thing over and over again.

Rent this before you blow $40.00 bucks on it !!! Trust Me you will thank me for later.

Plude220
September 3rd, 2005, 17:58
Great Review this was just about the worst game ive ever played it made no sence what so ever and just wasnt any fun it was the same thing over and over again.

Rent this before you blow $40.00 bucks on it !!! Trust Me you will thank me for later.

1 Thumm Down

wraggster
September 3rd, 2005, 20:08
its honest reviews that save us losing 40 pounds on a crap game

ArugulaZ
September 19th, 2005, 08:08
You'd have to pay forty pounds (around seventy US dollars) for THAT? Holy crap, you Brits totally get hosed when it comes to video game prices.

JR