PDA

View Full Version : WLAN connection

renvaar
September 3rd, 2005, 12:58
I am trying to connect my psp to my WLAN network, it is recognising the connection but when I try to connect it says this "A connection error has occured. A connection to the acess point could not be established. check the security settings for the network and try again". Does anyone know why it isnt working and if so could they tell me how to fix it?
Someone suggested allowing b signals but i dont know what that is or how to change the signals allowed and it might not fix it anyway!
I have tried so many forums and people I know and nobody can help!

B_man55
September 3rd, 2005, 13:25
Well, I just got my new router today, and it took me around 3 hours to get my PSP online. Here's what I did. When I set up my router, I configred it on my computer so that I had an SSID, and an access key (WEP) when being connected to other systems. The thing is, even though I had these settings all down pat, my PSP bypassed them. So while I was entering my WEP key, and my SSID, I kept getting that same error message without knowing what was wrong. I finally just did the following. Hit New Connection. Passed everything else on it's default. So all I did was, click New Connection, then kept press right on the D-Pad until I was at the end. Hope this helps. If not, phone Sony. I doubt they'll help you know, they're pr*cks.

rekoal
September 8th, 2005, 21:42
typeing your wep key wrong?

rekoal

rpgjaugar
September 9th, 2005, 00:05
and it only works with routers not wireless cards ( as in ad hock)