PDA

View Full Version : Moore: No Madden 09 for PC Because of 'Very Serious Business Challenges'

Shrygue
April 3rd, 2008, 16:14
via Gamedaily (http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/moore-no-madden-09-for-pc-because-of-very-serious-business-challenges-/?biz=1)

In a recent post on his official blog, EA Sports President Peter Moore talked about EA's decision to not publish its flagship Madden franchise on the PC when Madden NFL 09 ships later this August.

While the PC gaming market may be in great shape because of online titles, subscriptions, micro-transactions and digital downloads, the retail side of the PC gaming market is completely overshadowed by consoles. When an industry juggernaut like Electronic Arts won't release its best selling franchise on the platform, something is definitely not right.

"We knew that our decision to not develop this year's Madden for the PC would be an unpopular decision in some circles. But I'll reiterate what I said a couple of weeks ago in this space...the PC presents some very serious business challenges to us in the sports category, particularly because so many of you all are playing your favorite sports games on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii," Moore explained.

He continued, "We are committed to shipping a limited number of our games on the PC this year, but we've also had to cut a few of our games from the platform. We do have ideas for how to revitalize the PC for sports games and the types of games that are best suited to the platform, and we'll continue to explore those."

Ironically, this is the same man who as a Microsoft executive said that Windows Vista ushered in a PC gaming "renaissance." Apparently, Madden doesn't meet "renaissance" standards.

JKKDARK
April 3rd, 2008, 16:17
Wow I can't believe this is happening. At least it's good, we will not see this generic serie this year on PC :)