PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 64 Emulation on Wii

Krystedez
April 4th, 2008, 05:17
This is hard to do for me. I've tried researching the subject, and it's hardly making any sense to me. I've got the Twilight Hack to work and get an SNES emulator on my wii. But what about N64?

I'd love to be able to play N64 "unknown" classics like Mischief Makers 64 and Harvest Moon 64 on my Wii, but they don't have them on the VC. So, I ask you forum goers here, is there even a possible way to play them via some sort of hack or loader or something? I don't have access to materials like a mod chip or anything, but if I MUST, what is the easiest and safest way to go about doing it?

Is there an Action Replay code to be able to load some sort of format from my SD card onto the Wii and play an N64 emulator and use save files? That is my biggest question. I've got a third party Gamecube Memory Card too which works as a saving device for my SNES games on the Twilight Hack...

So, what do you guys have to say? What is there that I don't know? Is there something in developement to take advantage of the Wii's emulation ability and play N64 games that you download?

If not, then I guess I'll just look for how to emulate GBA games on there...

Eviltaco64
April 4th, 2008, 06:24
There are currently 3 ways to play N64 on Wii.

A.) Buy the games off of Virtual Console.
B.) Use that port of Mupen64 to the Gamecube (Now called Wii64 :rolleyes:).
C.) Use that Commercial Emulator that Nintendo emulated the N64 Zelda's on (which I cant talk about any more than this).

____anders____
April 4th, 2008, 10:41
i wouldn't be surprised that someone will port a N64 emu from GC soon..

just wait man;)

Krystedez
April 7th, 2008, 02:15
A few questions on the Mupen or Wii 64 method...

1.) Can it use save states? (or at least a save file of some kind like the SNES can)

2.) What is absolutely needed and where can I get the materials to do it?

3.) Does it work well enough to play? Is it practical?

As for the Zelda method, why not? If you can, can you talk to me on MSN or through PM about it? Or is it because you simply don't know?

Thanks for answers . :)

Zilliano
April 15th, 2008, 03:00
Is there a N64 emulator for Wii with Front Sd support?

h2923j42n2
April 15th, 2008, 03:58
Is there a N64 emulator for Wii with Front Sd support?

No, there is no N64 emulator for the Wii yet.

Zilliano
April 15th, 2008, 23:14
Curses.

Ah well. I guess I can wait.

oligore
May 3rd, 2008, 01:39
Except for the one we can't mention which, to me doesn't seem anymore illegal than emulation