PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV gets cut for Australia

Shrygue
April 4th, 2008, 19:41
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=130158)

Rockstar has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto IV has been cut in order to be granted a release in Australia.

The edited version was awarded the highest rating of MA15+, according to The Sydney Morning Herald, and carries the warning of "strong violence, strong coarse language, drug and sexual references".

There is no 18 rating in Australia because of all the kangaroos and dangerous spiders.

Previous instalments in the Grand Theft Auto series have also had to be edited in order to save the brains of the Australian public.

Earlier this week the BBFC cleared GTA IV for release in the UK with an 18 rating.

Grand Theft Auto IV will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 on 29th April.

Ultima Chocochu
April 4th, 2008, 21:17
I wonder if GTAIV will still have a Australian joke on the radio?

And wonder why they want soo much violence(or whatever) taken out?

**1_Man_Matrix**
April 4th, 2008, 23:20
%$#@! :eek:

What? Can't be serious... I've had the limited edition version pre-ordered and paid off for over 6 months, and the day off work, how can they screw us yet again!

I realise this isn't Rockstars fault, but I wish our classification offices would get it together.

We're a tough country, promise. We wrestle crocs :p

royvedas
April 5th, 2008, 01:33
why must it suck so hard gamingwise to be australian, english or german?

I hate censorship. Yes, I hate censorship - period.

Shadowblind
April 5th, 2008, 02:44
via
There is no 18 rating in Australia because of all the kangaroos and dangerous spiders.

:rofl:

lmtlmt
April 5th, 2008, 03:31
This has been all over the net and maybe its true but, late last year rockstar confirmed that nothing was cut http://www.myps3.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=532

However, PALGN have asked RockStar if the Australian versions of GTA IV are censored in any way...

A RockStar spokesperson replied with the following statement:

No GTA has been censored since Vice City. [Grand Theft Auto] IV has been rated in its entirety, the rating is on the OFLC website.

The said OFLC website:

http://www.classification.gov.au/special.h...8&record=224873
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV Game (Multi Platform)

Classification MA 15+ (Not suitable for people under 15. Under 15s must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian)
Consumer Advice Strong violence, Strong coarse language, Drug and sexual references
Category Computer Games
Version ORIGINAL
Duration variable
Date of Classification 11 December 2007
Author ROCKSTAR NORTH
Publisher ROCKSTAR GAMES
Production Company ROCKSTAR GAMES
Country of Origin UK
Applicant TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE
File Number T07/6147
Classification Number 5273444B

so which one is true?

Ultima Chocochu
April 5th, 2008, 18:09
%$#@! :eek:

What? Can't be serious... I've had the limited edition version pre-ordered and paid off for over 6 months, and the day off work, how can they screw us yet again!

I realise this isn't Rockstars fault, but I wish our classification offices would get it together.

We're a tough country, promise. We wrestle crocs :p

XDXD
Well hopefully nothings cut like some people have said, for lovers of violence in Australia.

JKKDARK
April 5th, 2008, 18:30
I hope they didn't remove many cool stuff

lmtlmt
April 6th, 2008, 10:39
it wouldnt be violence that was cut, it might have been the hookers or something.(my favorite san andreas past time :p)