PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 is a waste! Why don't they upgrade the origonal Xbox?

gimpyjr
September 5th, 2005, 07:47
Hey guys what's up, I just wanted to ask why microsoft doesn't upgrade the origonal xbox instead of releasing a new system? If you think about it they could have saved a lot of money and time! They could have put in a new dual-core intel chip, an nvidia 7800, and some more ram and called it a day!

It would have been easy for them to just upgrade. They could have had full backward compatibility with no problems and they would have just had to upgrade existing dev-kits. This would have saved them and us money.

They could have sold an upgrade for $100.00 and outsold everyone!

Xbox 360 is the biggest marketing blunder in the history of microsoft!

If you bother too look at xbox 1 games, they are still great looking!

Microsoft could have done like sega did with the genesis and Kept updating it!

tell me what you think

later

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2005, 16:45
Hey guys what's up, I just wanted to ask why microsoft doesn't upgrade the origonal xbox instead of releasing a new system? If you think about it they could have saved a lot of money and time! They could have put in a new dual-core intel chip, an nvidia 7800, and some more ram and called it a day!

It would have been easy for them to just upgrade. They could have had full backward compatibility with no problems and they would have just had to upgrade existing dev-kits. This would have saved them and us money.

They could have sold an upgrade for $100.00 and outsold everyone!

Xbox 360 is the biggest marketing blunder in the history of microsoft!

If you bother too look at xbox 1 games, they are still great looking!

Microsoft could have done like sega did with the genesis and Kept updating it!

tell me what you think

later

well, they would never have done that if you think about it... but it would have made for a great Linux box eh?