PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

ProgNeg
April 5th, 2008, 21:32
im trying to install a custom xmb, not a theme, and i do not know where to put the files as there is no readme.

link to the File i want:
http://dl.qj.net/Ultimate-black-XMB-...2979/catid/151

ANYHELP would be appreciated, THanks for your time.

No_one_in_particular
April 6th, 2008, 02:39
This is getting a bit beyond a joke now. Stop it.

ProgNeg
April 6th, 2008, 03:04
It never was a joke. And if you're here to insult me please take it to the PMs. Thank you.

jxx2005
April 6th, 2008, 03:50
if you dont know what you're doing
i advice not trying to put custom XMB on your PSP
good chance you'll brick it
a VERY good chance
look up CXMB, its a plugin that lets you do it without flashing
google

No_one_in_particular
April 6th, 2008, 04:36
It never was a joke. And if you're here to insult me please take it to the PMs. Thank you.
How is that an insult ? You've posted this what, five times now ? I'm not a fan of reading the same thing five times - I doubt many people are, contextually speaking.

Oh and it's a figure of speech, if you're unaware - meaning it's getting out of hand.

NoQuarter
April 6th, 2008, 05:24
yeah, jeez...
Abit much with mutiple threads.

here,get to reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_homebrew

Not trying to be rude at all.
I believe your custom theme is for a fairly old firmware and custom XMB is your best bet(except maybe timemachine)

Yrkoon
April 6th, 2008, 06:12
if you are asking questions about custom themes stop it right now as you will probably end up with a brick....

most of the threads i have seen about bricks on different forums and from here have been caused by some one who doesn't know what their doing and ending in a brick when applying a custom theme.

also if a custom theme does work its going to screw up some games that use the default font etc...

NoQuarter
April 6th, 2008, 06:20
Honestly the safer bet would be using ptf themes.You could convert ultimate black.
I actually used this theme last year,didn't keep it though.

bah
April 6th, 2008, 06:54
most of the threads i have seen about bricks on different forums and from here have been caused by some one who doesn't know what their doing and ending in a brick when applying a custom theme.

+1
Do it at your own risk.

I remember before pandora was around, almost every brick I heard of was some newbie trying to mess with custom themes and bricking his PSP.
I never understood why people bothered myself, didn't seem worth the risk.

NoQuarter
April 6th, 2008, 11:00
It wasn't worth the risk but it shure was cool first time I had a custom wave on it.