PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV 'better than all the hype suggests' says the first to complete the game

wraggster
April 5th, 2008, 21:49
We've seen our fair share of previews on Rockstar's crime drama opus, Grand Theft Auto IV, but we've yet to hear from someone who has enjoyed the bullet-riddled adventure in its entirety -- until Xbox World 360 editor Rob Taylor, after 24 hours of play time, triumphantly viewed the ending credits with the knowledge that he was the first person on the planet (aside from a gaggle of Rockstar employees, we assume) to finish GTA IV. Can someone be envied to death?

Fulfilling his civic duty as a gaming journalist, Taylor gave his impressions of the complete work in a spoiler-free interview with GamesRadar -- unsurprisingly, he was a fan. The fourth installment apparently "craps on all the others" in the franchise, and the main character, Niko Bellic, is "most amazing protagonist in any game [he's] ever played." We suggest perusing the remainder of his colorful commentary to help pass the remaining twenty-three days and nine hours until the game lands in our quivering, anticipatory laps.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/05/gta-iv-better-than-all-the-hype-suggests-according-to-first-pe/

lmtlmt
April 6th, 2008, 10:42
24 hours??? thats gotta be the shortest GTA game ever.

Mc_Logical
April 6th, 2008, 13:01
24hours is prob wrong, could of been more, he might of liked to brag and exagorate lol no matter what, this game is genna be off the chain! especially with online play too, I can`t wait!

EDIT: If your a major gta fan like me, then this gta on next gen consoles is like the rebirth of christ! lol it is genna live up to the hype, I gurantee it

DPyro
April 6th, 2008, 14:33

He obviously didn't complete the game 100%. Theres probably dozens of side missions etc still to complete.

cal360
April 6th, 2008, 15:46
The 24 hours part was probably just the main story line and not the other extra missions. Anyway GTA is a game that you can't really finish.

zeritooverride
April 6th, 2008, 17:34
I think GTA games are in reality short, but the amount of things to do can make it longer, plus the time some people spend fooling around usually makes it longer.

Triv1um
April 6th, 2008, 18:39
Yeah, I could just mess around for over 24 hours.

He said he just bombed through the storyline and done nothing else. So 24h is quite a lenghy storyline if you think about it.

Can't wait.

F9zDark
April 6th, 2008, 21:01

The person could have also skipped all cutscenes as well. MGS3 is notorious for this, with a 12 hour game if someone skips all cutscenes; watching them all puts the game at near 30 hours long.

Ultima Chocochu
April 7th, 2008, 01:39
I've heard the game was up to 60 to 70 hours long, that just being the main story. 24 hours is hard to believe, specially after hearing it's longer than GTASA.
Eeeh, 23 more days...Why can't it just be released tomorrow?

Sterist
April 8th, 2008, 09:56
that sounds like a bullshitted brag time. 24 hours would probably get you anywhere from 5 - 10%, judging by all other titles in the series. that is, if you do purely "progressive gaming" rather screwing around with all the various ways to kill time on them :cool: