PDA

View Full Version : Free PSP Wallpapers

wraggster
September 5th, 2005, 18:23
We in Europe are a little behind the times when it comes to gaming consoles. While the Japan and the US have been enjoying the Sony PSP for many months, the European launch was postponed time after time. Finally released on September 1st 2005 I ran down to my local store and picked one up. I didn't plan on creating desktop wallpapers for the PSP. Trials with wallpapers on cell phones had discouraged me from trying to create suitable images for portable devices. But I was blown away by the quality of the PSP screen. So below you will find a selection of what I consider to be my best work, re-rendered for use as PSP wallpaper. Enjoy!

Download the entire collection here (724 KB) --> http://www.plasmadesign.co.uk/PSP.htm

outofthisworld
September 5th, 2005, 20:38
needed to register just to say that i liked the wallpapers

good work

Kpow
September 6th, 2005, 11:52
Really nice, can't wait to download them.....which one to choose though?!?!?!?!?!?

Plod
September 6th, 2005, 15:36
Very Neat !

NoIsEy
September 7th, 2005, 21:57
how do i put the wallpapes on my psp an keep them as a wallpaper

NoIsEy
September 7th, 2005, 22:01
how do i put the wallpapes on my psp an keep them as a wallpaper an someone email me and tell me asap please !!! help would be very apreciated

Jdemon
September 7th, 2005, 23:01
wraggster - Thanks for the link!! Some very nice ones there :D

Plod - Thanks for sharing your stuff too!! Don't be suprised if I steal and re color some of the Atari graphics :p

NoIsEy - You might want to subscribe to a thread (User PC) if your that impatient...I feel pity for someone bored enough to send people an email from a post.

Anyway, you either need to have the 2.0 firmware upgrade or you need to use PSPersonalize to change your wallpapers.

Plod
September 8th, 2005, 03:01
Plod - Thanks for sharing your stuff too!! Don't be suprised if I steal and re color some of the Atari graphics :p

If you want the PSD files, let me know - I think I still have them saved as layered documents for photoshop.

Plod

Cap'n 1time
September 8th, 2005, 04:43
there a little boring compared to some of our master artists. kind of reminds me of the windows xp default wall papers. anyway nice collection.

peroman
October 1st, 2005, 17:21
Hi, i am newbie here but i know one spanish web where find more than 20.000 free wallpapers for psp, high quality and a good format with a lot of categories, anime, sexy girls, films, 3D, cars, motorbikes, sex, etc.... :D

www.pspgallery.net (http://www.pspgallery.net)

Xarius
October 1st, 2005, 20:10
I picked out 12 of these beauties and put them on my 1.5 using pspersonalize. Only problem is they have to be under 150k and in bmp form. The only way I found to decrease the file size sufficiently is to shrink the image to 265x150. When this is done, they are small enough to fit in the flash but a noticable ammount of quality and sharpness is lost. If only pspersonalize could use jpegs...

petee456
October 1st, 2005, 21:05
awsome...

PSP_Newbie
October 1st, 2005, 21:26
well, i used WAB Skin changer on these, and they all worked great if i convert to bmp, even tho they are all about 382kb
im getting some icon problems in settings, etc tho, but i can live with that

Xarius
October 1st, 2005, 21:54
I found and used the WAB skin changer and the backgrounds look superb. Only problem, as psp_newbie stated, is that the icons are 9 kinds of f'd up. Perhaps someone who knows what they're doing could look into it. Otherwise, it's back to the horrid yellow for me :(

peroman
October 4th, 2005, 12:52
For my atm this it is the best:

http://www.pspgallery.net/displayimage.php?album=322&pos=19

Which your favorite one is ?

dtale15
December 27th, 2005, 08:49
beautiful designs nice job man

Funky Monkey
August 14th, 2007, 13:28
This is maybe too old a thread but as a newbie I just wanted to say I'm developing my PSP Wallpaper site - www.freepspwallpapers.co.uk - and wanted to ask what people wanted as wallpapers?