PDA

View Full Version : Sony: MS "punched themselves out of the fight"

Shrygue
April 7th, 2008, 16:50
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186265)

PS3's competition has already fired off its big guns and "may have punched themselves out of the fight", says Scott Steinburg, marketing big man at Sony.

A lot has been said of 2008 belonging to PS3 - recent sales have supported the theory - and Steinburg is confident that while PS3 still has many of its best cards to play, the competition has already blown its "big assets".

"Our competition has already leveraged all their big assets in the first couple of years and may have punched themselves out of the fight," he told GamePro.

He talked up the Blu-ray victory and upcoming titles as PS3's key advantages going forward.

"I think [the Blu-ray win] is a huge momentum builder for us and I think it is part of why we believe 2008 is going to be a monster year for the PS3," he said.

"When you incorporate games like Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, and Resistance 2...there will a great mixture of new IP and proven PlayStation brands," added Steinburg.

On another note, he also teased about the likelihood of music and movie downloads on PS3 soon. "We have entertainment leverage and that means music and movies. No other company has that ability or those assets. The PS3 is the hub....you can probably connect the dots. Stay tuned!"

Qmark
April 7th, 2008, 17:34
Translation:
"All of the PS3 games people really want keep getting delayed."

morninghead
April 7th, 2008, 21:37
Yeah, and there are good Xbox 360 games coming out this year, too. I tend to disagree with this article. Gears of War 2, and Halo Wars are coming out this year. So Microsoft hasn't put out everything yet. I'm pretty sure they have much more left than what people think.

Shadowblind
April 7th, 2008, 22:28
"When you incorporate games like Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, and Resistance 2...there will a great mixture of new IP and proven PlayStation brands," added Steinburg.

:rofl:

JKKDARK
April 7th, 2008, 22:31
"When you incorporate games like Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, and Resistance 2...there will a great mixture of new IP and proven PlayStation brands,"

These games will not send the PS3 to the victory...

Eviltaco64
April 7th, 2008, 23:17
I think the PS3 actually has a lot of untapped potential to tell you the truth.

And it will definitely not become a failure even if it doesnt win.

Ultima Chocochu
April 8th, 2008, 06:13
Sony has more than that for it, just not this year
XBOX has used the original Halo series though, and Halo Wars/GOW2 will do it some good, they haven't announced much else
Wii has released most of it's main games

That isn't the most amazing line-up but, it's still games that sell PS3's/thousands if not millions(specially MGS). PS3 has games yet released though, like the main Final Fantasy series(yes I know the others are getting FF's, just not the main series like XII)

Just saying, PS3 is looking better, and doing better then it was a year or two ago, it has more to offer than when it started.

And I agree EvilTaco
I think the PS3 has more too it than any of us have seen, or has been shown.

Napalm-Death
April 8th, 2008, 21:26
I think the PS3 actually has a lot of untapped potential to tell you the truth.

And it will definitely not become a failure even if it doesnt win.

I wish that everyone would realize this.