PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware (v3.95) Coming Soon

wraggster
April 8th, 2008, 01:40
Just a quick update, we’ll be making PSP firmware update 3.95 available shortly. The update includes the following:

While playing PSone games on your PSP, you can now customize how the buttons are assigned by going to [Controller Settings] > [Assign Buttons] and select [Custom]. You can now quit Remote Play and choose to turn off your PS3 or leave it on after quitting. This is useful if you are performing a download and want to quit Remote Play, but still want your download to continue on the PS3. Select [Quit and Turn Off the PS3 System] or [Quit Without Turning Off the PS3 System] from [Quit Remote Play] when you press the HOME button on the PSP system.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/07/psp-firmware-v395-coming-soon/

Elven6
April 8th, 2008, 01:42
Ack, give us what we want! Like the ability to play music in the browser, turn off the speaker (so only headphones work), better video codec support, etc!

myuusmeow
April 8th, 2008, 01:53
Why wasn't custom button mapping for PS games in the original POPS?!

@above: What do you mean, turn off the speaker so only headphones work? Whenever I have headphones in, the speakers are immediately muted and headphones turned on. It's been like that with everything that ever had a headphone port.

jvabbdac
April 8th, 2008, 01:54
Waiting for 3.999999 FW (all bull#$% i will still on 3.90)

Elven6
April 8th, 2008, 02:02
I meant so if your listening to music via the headphones, if your headphones get pulled out no music would play via the speakers. The browser also needs work, where's the native video support?

Mister Klownes
April 8th, 2008, 02:31
Inching ever closer to 4.0, avoiding that leap of faith because there's no great revolutionary thing to add.
2.0 - internet browser
3.0 - pops
4.0 - ?

jurkevicz
April 8th, 2008, 02:41
Sony needs to release 4.0 once and for all!

andwhyisit
April 8th, 2008, 02:47
While playing PSone games on your PSP, you can now customize how the buttons are assigned by going to [Controller Settings] > [Assign Buttons] and select [Custom].
Just this make the update worth it.

Veskgar
April 8th, 2008, 03:08
Yeah, these are certainly a couple useful new tweaks of the features. Nothing groundbreaking though. If the master decides to give us 3.95 M33 I'd update. But waiting for 4.00 isn't the end of the world.

I was hoping for DivX or something. SONY seems really apprehensive about giving us too much freedom with video playback because they are still hoping to make some dough from Video UMD's.

You can watch DivX videos loaded onto the PS3 on the PSP using remote play but that's not the most efficient way to do it.

JKKDARK
April 8th, 2008, 03:14
not really something interesting for me.

urherenow
April 8th, 2008, 03:51
why would you need to customize the buttons for psone games? Aren't the PSP controlls layed out the same way? And the kinds of PSone games that you would want to change the layout... already have menus/options to do so, don't they?

This sounds like the most rubbish update yet.

Elven6: Easy... just remove your speakers and/or cut the wires. Done.

AtariFreek
April 8th, 2008, 05:00
Worst. Update. Ever. Oh and Sony, get with the program, we want native DivX and .mpg support. Oh, and a free T.V. streamer would be nice as well...

jamotto
April 8th, 2008, 05:14
The custom button assignment is nice, but not much else here.

**1_Man_Matrix**
April 8th, 2008, 05:49
Anyone think the CUSTOM button layout could be prepping for PS3 games over remote play?

Just a thought... :rolleyes:

Ultima Chocochu
April 8th, 2008, 06:02
It's got one thing I actually wanted/will use, not an amazing add, but still nice for some like me.

DarthPaul
April 8th, 2008, 07:34
The Firmware's out already...

You can download it through Network Update or Here:
http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/psp/image/us/2008_0408_32720ecf54e656c401ffc92d33fe62d9/EBOOT.PBP

AdamRav
April 8th, 2008, 11:08
Definetly not worth an update

but if DA releases a M33 version i'll update :p

Cloudhunter
April 8th, 2008, 13:04
Lets all bash Sony, for introducing new features! Yay!

You'd complain if they did nothing, and you complain when they do anything. They really can't win against you people.

Cloudy

stevo11185
April 8th, 2008, 14:08
Lets all bash Sony, for introducing new features! Yay!

You'd complain if they did nothing, and you complain when they do anything. They really can't win against you people.

Cloudy

oO. if you buy something and you get updates for it you expect them to be useful and things that people WANT. your argument is invalid because if you had your way, you couldn't complain if sony released some crappy update that adds something like crappy visualisers that a MINORITY would enjoy.

WOO IM GONNA LISTEN TO MY MUSIC AND WATCH A WEIRD VISUALISER <----- really fun eh?

Mister Klownes
April 8th, 2008, 17:44
Just wanna add that I wasn't trying to bash Sony for "inching" forward with this one. Just curious to see what they're gonna pull out of the hat for 4.0, as it draws closer.

No_one_in_particular
April 8th, 2008, 19:35
oO. if you buy something and you get updates for it you expect them to be useful and things that people WANT.From where I'm sitting, the ability to customize buttons for PS1 games is pretty damn useful and I definitely want it.

why would you need to customize the buttons for psone games? Aren't the PSP controlls layed out the same way? And the kinds of PSone games that you would want to change the layout... already have menus/options to do so, don't they?
Until you're ****ed when a game needs R2, right ?
They have options, yes, but it's just changing the combinations - I find they're never ideal.

DarthPaul
April 8th, 2008, 22:01
oO. if you buy something and you get updates for it you expect them to be useful and things that people WANT. your argument is invalid because if you had your way, you couldn't complain if sony released some crappy update that adds something like crappy visualisers that a MINORITY would enjoy.

First, when the PSP came out nobody knew that updates were gonna be available later.

Second, what the hell do you want? We got a full speed PS1 emulator with an update, we got an Internet Browser, we got Skype, we got Go!Messenger, we got Remote Play, we got a Radio, we got RSS feeds, did you pay for that when you went to purchase the PSP? No! Well, you probably bought it yesterday, but I didn't. I got it the first day it came out, with firmware 1.5 and it was plain and simple. And through the updates the PSP now is a freaking monster. What else do you want? I know, you, as me, want more. But not every update is impressive. You couldn't expect 3.00 with a PS1 emulator, then 3.01 with a PS2 emulator, and 3.02 with a PS3's... come on, be thankful.

jamotto
April 8th, 2008, 23:16
Plus we got many smaller, but still nice improvements.

WPA

TIFF, GIF, PNG and BMP

Wallpaper

Transfer images via wifi

Many playback features added for video's

Abilty to use the internet to set the date and time

Music visualizer

Dynamic normalizer

MPEG-4/H.264 resolution support upto 720×480

Themes

Added video, picture and music in the root directory, each supporting sub folders.