PDA

View Full Version : Red Dog soundtrack? (also first post!)

Mechadon
April 8th, 2008, 22:59
Well, I suppose first I should say I'm pretty new here...even though I registered over two years ago! Also my apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum, this place is huge!

For the past few years I've been trying to figure out how to rip the music from this game called 'Red Dog: Superior Firepower'...I'm sure most of you are familiar with it. I thought it was a pretty fun game, but I really like the soundtrack. But for the life of me I can't find it for download or rip it myself; I think I've gotten as far as finding the actual music files on a ISO of the game (see this thread: http://www.stevemv.com/forum/dreamcast-music-ripping-requrest-if-thats-ok-t80.html#463)

Apparently that method wasn't going to do much, but I figured the emulator folks here might now more about it then he or I would. I'm currently downloading that ISO again to take another stab at it, but I'm fairly certain without a little bit more information or some help that the end results will be the same as before.

What would be even better is if there is an existing download to the OST; I've searched around quite a bit though and one doesn't seem to exist. I've even tried contacting the composer at one point but I didn't get any response. My last resort came when I tried to record the soundtrack from my T.V. speakers to a crappy MP3 player mic...as you can probably imagine the quality is abominable :(.

But anyways, I greatly appreciate any help that can be given! If this is possible, there's also another soundtrack I'd like to get my hands on (Army Men: Sarge's Heros [the DC version]), if possible.

Thanks in advance!

M Dash
April 8th, 2008, 23:47
... You know this post is "PROBABLY" going to be deleted.... or locked...

Mechadon
April 9th, 2008, 00:12
Perhaps I should have thought about the legality issues before post this, heh. I'm just completely out of ideas though, so actually asking for help like this was a last resort. Of course I would have bought the soundtrack a long time ago if it existed...but it doesn't.

So if this thread is done away with, I completely understand :D