PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Hacking PSP

Kakashi
September 7th, 2005, 13:59
Hiyah guys, im thinking of buying a psp and saw that people are saying you can only hack psps with a bios version of 1.5 and lower with the 1.0 bios releases being the best psps to buy

I havent baught my psp yet but im going to sometime this week or next week and I was wondering

1 - is there any way to tell what bios version it has before i buy the psp ?
2 - how do you get the downloaded games from your pc to the psp to play them ?

thanks to anyone who answers

Kakashi
September 7th, 2005, 15:39
nevermind someone already answered my question on another forum now i just need to make sure that its an accurate way of confirming the firmware version

[img=http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9505/pspversionsmall7yr.jpg]

Supposedly ... if there is nothing under the 120V it's 1.5, A=1.51, B=1.52 ... not sure though. My 1.5 PSP had nothing under the 120V. Might want to browse around some psp forums, I'm sure many others have asked the same question.

To play downloaded isos you just copy them to your Memory Stick Duo Pro(tm) via a usb cable. There is a program someone made called Fastloader that will load around 95% of the isos available.

IndianCheese
September 7th, 2005, 22:38
NO!!! WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! My PSP was letter A and is 1.50.

PSP_Newbie
September 7th, 2005, 22:58
120v
nothing=1.5 original psp w/ spiderman, pretty rare
A=1.5, but no spiderman =P, most common 1.5
B=1.51/1.52, all the more recent shipments
i can confirm this, but be warning; if someone returned it and upgraded beforehand and u get a returned/refurbished one, make sure u can check beforehand. if u do buy one and it isnt a 1.5, just tell them the screen is screwy and covered w/ dead pixels and they'll generally take it back
its what i did
(ps, some of the newer stores will have all B's 1.51/1.52

Heran_Bago
September 8th, 2005, 01:29
It also really depends on what you consider "hacking." For example, when the PSP first came out, many considered resizing images (manga scanlations especially) a form of "hacking the psp." This community is a bit above that though.

Heran_Bago
September 8th, 2005, 01:44
edit: Double post. Great first impression, huh? :(

pspfan
September 12th, 2005, 05:01
What is the spiderman thing?

pepegomez
September 12th, 2005, 08:22
u have to register at the official page of psp to get one. im not sure if its possbiel for usa owners too but european owners can get a spiderman umd for free of charge ;)

Humbug
September 12th, 2005, 18:07
the best way of telling is usally dependant of where you are buying as some places have older stock so mostly 1.5 but newer shipments in popular stores can be 1.51/1.52

leggy
September 13th, 2005, 09:41
Nevermind hacking - get a version 2.0 and play with the screen colours all day long :p