PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew Loader Channel & SNES Channel - NO TIME LIMITS

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 10th, 2008, 01:19
The 2 channels available for Wii that come with a time limit have been modified to remove this limitation.
It has been done by Superken7 and me.

SNES Channel ISO (http://www.thezonazero.com/descargas/homebrew/wii/zonazero/SNES-Channel_Trial_NO-LIMIT.iso)

Homebrew Loader Channel Installer ELF (http://www.thezonazero.com/descargas/homebrew/wii/zonazero/Homebrew_Channel_Installer_NO-LIMIT.elf)

If any other channel is released with a time limit, it will be removed with the tool specially made for it ;)

EDIT: To make this posible, find the "ticket" seccion, and you will find the time limitation there. Remove it, resign with our tool(not provided) and thre you will hace a channel w/out time limit.
If you don't beleve me, that's your problem. Keep using Zelda to load homebrew; I've got my own channel, much faster.

Shadowblind
April 10th, 2008, 01:30
"The file is invalid or Corrupt."

Thats what I get when trying to open it with Winrar or PowerISO. All my iso files normally open fine...

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 10th, 2008, 01:45
Burn the ISO to a DVD using ImgBurn and pop it in to the Wii. Update, and there you will have the new Channel.

Oh, and Wii ISO's never open with Winrar or anything else than Trucha Signer or others.

DarthPaul
April 10th, 2008, 09:48
You fail... What a freaking fake.

____anders____
April 10th, 2008, 11:08
i won't believe this until someone that i know is a coder post this, or until wraggster or someone else post this on the front page.

or atleast until someone is stupid enough to try this and gives us a confirmation that this works.

until that happens i will call this one a big friggin !!!!FAKE!!!!

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 10th, 2008, 12:35
If you can read Spanish, go to the web site where it was first published: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_Homebrew-Channel-y-Snes-Channel-NO-LIMIT-_998675?pagenumber=1

You will see the famous Waninkoko there too.
I haven't got time for fakes.

Shadowblind
April 10th, 2008, 12:41
Burn the ISO to a DVD using ImgBurn and pop it in to the Wii. Update, and there you will have the new Channel.

Oh, and Wii ISO's never open with Winrar or anything else than Trucha Signer or others.

____anders____
April 10th, 2008, 13:17
If you can read Spanish, go to the web site where it was first published: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_Homebrew-Channel-y-Snes-Channel-NO-LIMIT-_998675?pagenumber=1

You will see the famous Waninkoko there too.
I haven't got time for fakes.

i still don't want to try it until someone tries it and CONFIRM that it works right here on DCEmu.

EDIT: shadowblind, it seems that you are trying to install this, can you please telle us if it works or not (if you decide to try it of course;))

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 10th, 2008, 13:49
i still don't want to try it until someone tries it and CONFIRM that it works right here on DCEmu.

EDIT: shadowblind, it seems that you are trying to install this, can you please telle us if it works or not (if you decide to try it of course;))

Want a confirmation?
Take this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J70JB_TTMw

If you still don't beleve it, go away and don't come back :)

____anders____
April 10th, 2008, 15:24
ah, ok now i believe you:)
but can i remove it for a future update?

EDIT: and why is it an ELF file? do i have to burn it to a dvd or can i use TP exploit to intall it?
EDIT 2: i translated the link you gave me before with babelfish and they say that you can remove the channel just like any one else, in options menu..

i think i'm gonna try this now.. shit i have butterflies with this..XD

it works! haha thanks, you're tha man! ;)

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 10th, 2008, 16:02
I told you :D

Haven't got time for fakes, no one should xD

____anders____
April 10th, 2008, 18:55
hehe, thanks again :)
works like a charm :)

EDIT: if you somehow want to remove it, it shows up as ??? in the channels settings.

EDIT 2: how come all homebrew is in black and white?
i've tried to switch between 60hz and 50hz modes, but no luck, it isn't in black and white if i boot zelda TP and do the exploit.. any help?
i know my tv won't accept NTSC signals, maybe that's why..

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 10th, 2008, 20:46
I'm in Spain, Wii set to 50Hz and it's all in color.

____anders____
April 10th, 2008, 23:06
ok.. so it's a PAL wii just like mine..
the GBC emu is in color and so is everything else exept the other emulators, the snes emu is in color if i run it from Zelda though so i guess that something is wrong here..

but thanks again, sry for doubting ;) finally i don't have to run zelda everytime, and i can play on my real savegame..
and i just borrowed zelda from a friend too:) haha so i was waiting for this.

hoshinokirby
April 10th, 2008, 23:17
I was skeptical at first, but wow. It works! so convenient, many kudos to you guys :)

the only thing though, is the black screen. but thats okay

edit: 15 minutes gone by, still working =o

DimensionT
April 10th, 2008, 23:36
I'm not touching this with a 6 foot stick, until I hear from the person that made the channel. If they added the limit or purpose (which aparently they did), who are you to say it's not there for a reason?

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 11th, 2008, 01:16
The time limit was there for a reason: Prevent the bugs that exist make people think it's a bad channel.

Personally I hate having to boot up Zelda, etc... so I decided to remove the time limit. It's all working 100% fine for me.
I've talked with the creators of the original channel, and they aren't very happy with this, but they can't do anything about it.

DimensionT
April 11th, 2008, 03:25
Wow, that's nice. I'll go ahead and wait for their's then.

maddog482
April 11th, 2008, 04:06
confirmed, 100% functunal, im no coder, im just a "leecher", but 2 tries and i got it, don't make the .elf the boot.elf, it wont work, just load it with another loader, it will install, reboot, load, no bugs ,works, thx man! you are the greatest!

hoshinokirby
April 11th, 2008, 05:53
in that case, think I'll stay with the traditional method until it's officially released. =/

trelantana
April 11th, 2008, 07:26
I highly recommend this, because when booting homebrew with the channel instead of using the Twilight hack, the DVD motor isn't always spinning. And I'm afraid that having it constantly spinning *might* damage the system.

The original authors may not like the fact that the time limit has been removed, but I still highly respect them for their accomplishment, and will gladly use their official version when it comes out.

I'm switching to this for now, though, because I have a tendency to leave my consoles on overnight, and if having the dvd motor on that long causes any damage, I don't want it to happen.

____anders____
April 11th, 2008, 10:45
I highly recommend this, because when booting homebrew with the channel instead of using the Twilight hack, the DVD motor isn't always spinning. And I'm afraid that having it constantly spinning *might* damage the system.

The original authors may not like the fact that the time limit has been removed, but I still highly respect them for their accomplishment, and will gladly use their official version when it comes out.

I'm switching to this for now, though, because I have a tendency to leave my consoles on overnight, and if having the dvd motor on that long causes any damage, I don't want it to happen.

i totally agree with you :) except i don't leave my wii on over the night, but i also think it *can* cause damage to your wii if the drive is spinning all the time, or atleast it will shorten the life-span of your drive, so imho USE THIS ONE it rules! :D

EDIT: and if you care more about the authors of the original "limited" channel than your wii, then go ahead boot zelda everytime..

mogwaimon
April 11th, 2008, 12:17
I had read somewhere that the reason the authors originally put a time limit on the channel was because they wanted to see how Nintendo would react first, as there's the possibility that they could release an update that bricks the Wii if there are 'unfamiliar' channels on the system.

That's why I'm still going to use this channel without the limiter, but I'm setting my Wii to use a dummy or invalid internet connection until either the official unlimited channel comes out or Nintendo does release such an update.

So if you use the channel, be careful, as the TP Hack team may have had a more considerate reason to put a limiter on the original release than one would think.

____anders____
April 11th, 2008, 16:27
but still, i always read here or somewhere else before i decide to update my wii, to see if they block anything, like the TP exploit or something else..

EDIT: btw, mario kart wii RULES! :)
got it 2 days ago, leaked..

DimensionT
April 11th, 2008, 19:00
I honestly don't care how well it works (I wouldn't even care if it booted a full speed PS2 emulator), and you guys shouldn't either. Fact is, he went against the wishes of people that actually put in their hard work making this channel, went in and changed a few lines of code, then came and posted it here so he can recieve the glory. This is how rivalries begin, and rivalries mean nothing good for the scene.

That's like if the iPod was in development for two years. Microsoft comes in, steals the design, and releases an unfinshed rip off 2 months before it's supposed to be released.

Another thing, he posted no warning what-so-ever. No one has any idea what this could do to your Wii at some point in time. Say a new channel comes out that you have to download. Maybe there's a bug in the homebrew channel that doesn't tell the Wii that channel slot is taken. It tries to stack the new channel on top... BRICK!!! Fact is, there's no way to prove that wrong yet.

Jay_PaRaDoX: "The time limit was there for a reason: Prevent the bugs that exist make people think it's a bad channel."

This is just stupid, and completely made up. The timer pissed more people off and caused more bashing then bugs ever would have. I promise you, the reason they added a timer is because they don't know what this has the possibility of doing in the long run.

People need some patience.

Jay_PaRaDoX
April 12th, 2008, 01:11
Just want to clarify some things:

1- I didn't just rewrite some lines of code. The ticket had to be resigned so it accepts the changes made to it.

2- I don't want any "glory" from anything. I could have changed the credits that are in the channel, but did I do it? NO.

3- It's based on the original channel, so if that "slot" you talk about bricks the Wii, it's not my fault.

4- Everyone is free to try it if they want. I'm not forceing anyone to do so.

5- I've personally spoken with marcan and bushing, explained everything to them. Sure they aren't very happy, but they were expecting it to happen anyway.

maddog482
April 12th, 2008, 02:32
I honestly don't care how well it works (I wouldn't even care if it booted a full speed PS2 emulator), and you guys shouldn't either. Fact is, he went against the wishes of people that actually put in their hard work making this channel, went in and changed a few lines of code, then came and posted it here so he can recieve the glory. This is how rivalries begin, and rivalries mean nothing good for the scene.

That's like if the iPod was in development for two years. Microsoft comes in, steals the design, and releases an unfinshed rip off 2 months before it's supposed to be released.

Another thing, he posted no warning what-so-ever. No one has any idea what this could do to your Wii at some point in time. Say a new channel comes out that you have to download. Maybe there's a bug in the homebrew channel that doesn't tell the Wii that channel slot is taken. It tries to stack the new channel on top... BRICK!!! Fact is, there's no way to prove that wrong yet.

This is just stupid, and completely made up. The timer pissed more people off and caused more bashing then bugs ever would have. I promise you, the reason they added a timer is because they don't know what this has the possibility of doing in the long run.

First off, this works fine, 2nd its none of your buisness what other ppl do, 3rd If they didnt want this, they should have not made it so obvious that you can with skill remove the timer, finaly I don't do updates, or many channels, so don't tell me that it will brick my wii... thank you!

halatosis
April 12th, 2008, 02:59
I know this isn't the right place, but I have searched and searched for the answer and I know you guys can help me. Whenever I try to burn the snes image in imgburn it comes up with invalid or unsupported image error. I tried burning this in clone cd, but the wii didn't recognize the disk. I was about to build the iso in imgburn and then burn, but I am on my last dvd+r and I don't want to waste it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DimensionT
April 12th, 2008, 03:33
Whatever, you guys do what you want. Piss off whichever ground breaking coders you want. Use whatever unpredictable homebrew you want. Because it's obvious none of you are willing to wait. Seriously...

I want you guys to see what the scene turns into with crap like this making the headlines. Just remember, the people that endorce it don't have the right to cry when coders like the ones who made this channel refuse to update their work. Respect is what makes giving you guys free games, emulators and hacks worth while.

I know damn well I wouldn't release anything if I knew someone would just hack into it. Making it do things I didn't want or wasn't ready for it to do.

I'm sorry, but that's just bullshit on so many levels.

ExcruciationX
April 12th, 2008, 04:46
Dang, I leave for one day, and I miss something. :p

I have to agree with DimensionT here actually. I would say more, but I don't feel like it.

R4mbo
April 12th, 2008, 17:47
Jay, you are cool, thx man :)

____anders____
April 12th, 2008, 19:44
yeah, but still i give all credits to the original authors, but i will say thanks anyway ;)

mogwaimon
April 12th, 2008, 22:57
I know damn well I wouldn't release anything if I knew someone would just hack into it. Making it do things I didn't want or wasn't ready for it to do.

Erm...not that I want to be argumentative...and also, I respect your wishes to do what you want...but this line here...

...Why are you into the homebrew scene if you don't agree to this?I mean, the entire basis of homebrew (For console/handhelds, anyway) is hacking into the console to make it run unsigned code that the console devs never intended for it to run. I'm sorry, but what you say here is just somewhat hypocritical, coming from someone who seems to hang around a homebrew fansite.

On the subject of respecting the original coders of the project... I'm all for respecting them; were I a programmer I would never steal their code and put it into my own programs. However, as an end-user, I just go for the programs that provide the most convenience and use to me. I understand the dangers of running this Homebrew channel without the time limit, and I accept the dangers. It's my responsibility if my anxiety causes me to get my Wii bricked, and I wouldn't blame the coders of the original Wii Homebrew Channel if anything went wrong.

DimensionT
April 13th, 2008, 00:16
However, as an end-user, I just go for the programs that provide the most convenience and use to me.

This is what bugs me most about the people around here now a days. They all want want want, and don't care about what needs to be done for them to get it. Then once they get it, they don't give a damn about the scene until the next big thing happens.

What you said about hacking into the console is somewhat right... But that in no way makes my hypocritical.

Look at it this way. Nintendo doesn't want people running homebrew, what do they do? Fix it. Coders don't want people hacking their programs, what do they do? Stop making them.

Both of these are bad for the scene. One of them is within our control (I'll let you guess which one).

mogwaimon
April 13th, 2008, 02:25
This is what bugs me most about the people around here now a days. They all want want want, and don't care about what needs to be done for them to get it. Then once they get it, they don't give a damn about the scene until the next big thing happens.

Admittedly, I'm a bit like this, unless something that interests me is going on in the scene, such as a new SNES emulator release for PSP or some such, I usually don't do much with homebrew.

However, I also don't go around bugging the coders of said projects to go and add features in that they don't intend to add, nor do I rush them like others do with a 'It's been 2 days since last I asked, when is the next release?' or some such. I figure that I'm merely using the program; my input has little bearing on the final product, and I AM getting it for free, so I'm grateful for that.

As for the difference between Big N and coders you cited in your post, I had a reply typed out, but it made me look like a fool, so I don't think I'm gonna leave it in XD Long story short; hacking is a part of programming that all programmers must deal with.

tehnoir
April 13th, 2008, 05:49
I'll abstain from the project as well as getting too much into bickering about this. There are coders who are well known in this scene and whose work I respect. There are coders in this scene who aren't that well known (at least to me) and I'm skeptical to try their work. I've used some of vicious' apps and really appreciate his hard work. As for this release...I just see it as going against the wishes of some people who have really launched the Wii homebrew scene. I may not know their reasons for the time limit, but I'll trust they had good ones. I'll wait for an official release.

I do however also want to say that I fully encourage people to dive into this stuff and play around with the code. I think it's a great way to learn and a great way to contribute.

One last thing, in my opinion it's a total load to say that you're going to use this so you don't burn out your DVD motor. If you were really that concerned about your Wii, you wouldn't be screwing with third party software in the first place, especially while it's still in its infancy. While a benefit of using this might be stopping your DVD motor, it doesn't come close to negating all the potential risks you run by using these hacks.

kingslime80
April 13th, 2008, 05:56
hacking is a part of programming that all programmers must deal with.

This is definitely true, they even do it in school. What you should be doing is posting bugs, little suggestions and waiting patiently, otherwise you can try to do one yourself.

Thank you to everyone who's been donating their time and skills to the Homebrew scene, you're all doing great work. Keep it up. :)

h2923j42n2
April 13th, 2008, 07:47
Two quick questions. First, regarding the Twilight Hack. When the ELF Loader is finished loading the homebrew application, I take the disc out, and was just wondering if this was safe to do, or if it could actually damage the Wii somehow? Also, Jay_PaRaDoX, is it possible to make an ELF installer for the SNES channel? That's a channel I would actually be interested in using.

Regarding this thread, I pretty much agree with DimensionT and tehnoir. I don't discourage people from using these programs, but I, personally, will be waiting for an 'official' release from Team Twiizers. I have been following that ElOtroLado thread for the past few days, and, if I understand correctly, all you did was remove the ten minute limit, and left everything else the same. I believe the ten minute limit is there for a reason, and if they felt an unrestricted version was ready to be released, they would have done so. I also don't necessarily agree with hacking their work without consulting them, but there isn't much you can do about that anyway...

doslu
April 13th, 2008, 10:27

if you eject the zelda disk the motor stop and you can play elf

eke-eke
April 13th, 2008, 12:21
Erm...not that I want to be argumentative...and also, I respect your wishes to do what you want...but this line here...

...Why are you into the homebrew scene if you don't agree to this?I mean, the entire basis of homebrew (For console/handhelds, anyway) is hacking into the console to make it run unsigned code that the console devs never intended for it to run. I'm sorry, but what you say here is just somewhat hypocritical, coming from someone who seems to hang around a homebrew fansite.

here is the difference: there is a technical challenge in hacking a console to run unsigned code and access their peripheral as there is no official documentation

hacking the twiizer channel to remove the time limit when tool/technical stuff to uncrypt/recrypt Wii files has already been released is not

What you seem not to understand is that most (if not ALL) of the current Wii knowledge we have actually is due to the Twiizer team researches and releases

We, as developpers, only use the provided tools and library (thanks to libogc team, without them, homebrew developpment would not have been so easy), that's all and there is absolutely no magic in there

End-users often only see the final product and what it can bring to them personnally right NOW, but try to think on a longer period sometime...

What do you think would happen if they get sick of people hacking their work or harassing them with impatient request ?

So even if you see the interess actually, there is really no interess for anybody in doing such thing against the will of original authors

mogwaimon
April 13th, 2008, 14:03
Don't get me wrong, I respect the Twiizer team. Their accomplishments are quite commendable, as it is definitely not easy to crack open a console in this day and age of heightened security. I think they are boss. But trying to say that there is a difference between hacking a console to do something it was never intended to do and hacking a program to do something it was never intended to do...it's just folly. Regardless of the challenge involved (Removing some coding that puts in a 10 min. time limit < finding a security vulnerability on a system that is capable of being patched on the fly and then exploiting it) it's still the same basis.

Still, though, I do agree that Jay or whomever actually did the hacking should have talked to the Twiizer team first rather than telling them after, 'Oh, hey, we cracked your channel and released it over the internet, is that cool with you?' That wasn't very good.

I won't say anything more on the subject, as my thoughts on it make me out to be a bad guy, when all I'm doing is using a channel someone released on the internet while waiting for the official one to show up because if I were to run homebrew on my Wii, I'd have to bum my friend's copy of TP off him every time because I don't own Twilight Princess myself.

Cloudhunter
April 13th, 2008, 14:09
The thing about the motor spinning. I can't believe people are already using this to justify something that isn't quite right.

It'll soon become the excuse for piracy. "I don't want the motor to keep spinning because it may wear it out." Yeah sure - the fact its designed to have high wear and to be used in normal use doesn't make any difference does it?

I'll be waiting for the day...

Cloudy

shango46
April 13th, 2008, 22:38
This is quite the interesting development. Now, what my main concern is if this will be addressed by Nintendo in the form of an udate that will end up screwing up my Wii or block me from updating as new things come out.

I do believe I will wait until there is an official one released that states it has no undesired effects.

myownfreeworld
April 14th, 2008, 23:14
Bah you all broke me. I'm not going to download it..I respect what team twiizers has done and I'll be paient :)

for those of you who don't know, the reason they have the 10min limit:
"FAQ

Q: Why the ten-minute time limit?

A: Because it's an ugly, crude version that pales in comparison to what we hope to release in the near future. Think of it as something halfway between a "sneak preview" and an April Fool's joke that nobody else found funny. Our bad.

(For the record, we are also uncomfortable releasing something for general consumption until we've had more of a chance to test it with IOS37. You've been warned.) "
from wiibrew.org

CalcProgrammer1
April 15th, 2008, 21:41
I'm trying to find respect for the makers of the channel, but it seems that I have a hard time. These people seem to almost be counter-productive in some ways. Sure, they do an incredibly awesome feat by hacking a console with very tight security, but they are treating other members of the homebrew community like end users for commercial developers. I'd like to think that everyone in the community cares about building a strong homebrew community, sharing their work so that others can reuse parts to make even better code, etc, but that's not how the Wii scene is going at the moment. In a "perfect homebrew community," the Wii TP loader would be open source, there would be templates for custom channel design, etc. Instead we have one group who knows everything putting out limited time use binaries for other members of the community to play around with but they put unnecessary limits (such as the time thing). All you need is something like "ATTENTION: We are not responsible for any damage to your Wii, whether hardware or software damage. If your Wii bricks, it's not our fault. Use at your own risk" on the download page, in the readme, and before it installs. That way, should an update or whatever brick it, not their fault. The best thing for the community is code that is readily available, a solid documentation on how the hacks work, and a community united for the purpose of making homebrew, not yelling at each other because they copied someone's work, not putting unnecessary limits on releases just to be funny, not any of this.

That's one of the things I love about the Linux community, as soon as a final version of a new distribution ships, you can go in and grab the sources or binaries for the beginnings of the next edition and start playing around. All of the source code is open to those who need it (except for corporations who use proprietary software, but try to avoid those and you'll be fine).

If the whole reason the time limit was implemented was to make people want to upgrade when the next version comes out, they need not worry. Everyone's desperately waiting for the new update anyways. I just want to see the scene become a helpful community going in the direction of programming and supporting homebrew, not "bragging" about their accomplishments. (I don't see twiizers as necessarily "bragging", but they want more credit for themselves than a lot of developers do). I respect them for their skill at programming and getting the Wii to run, but I don't care for their attitude toward the community.

Take the DS homebrew community, for example...Chishm released a testing version of his Games n' Music patch right after he created it, asking for help testing it. I had just got a GnM and tested. I respect his actions because he made his software and source available and he was friendly about it.

So yes, I'm going to use this version, because it works. What's best for the community is something that works, because we can update when we need to and not have to go through unnecessary steps to load or test new apps.

DimensionT
April 16th, 2008, 04:07
Your logic is greatly flawed.

The reason they don't provide the source for the Twilight hack is because of people like the one who hacked VC. There's no reason for it. What else could be done?

"I'd like to think that everyone in the community cares about building a strong homebrew community, sharing their work so that others can reuse parts to make even better code, etc, but that's not how the Wii scene is going at the moment."

If this was right, they would not have released anything at all. They would've kept it for them selves... But, they were kind enough to post it online for everyone to use. Still, that comment is counter intuitive with other things you said.

"So yes, I'm going to use this version, because it works. What's best for the community is something that works, because we can update when we need to and not have to go through unnecessary steps to load or test new apps."

A "strong homebrew community" is not based on people exploiting other coders' work. In fact, it's quite the oposite. I dunno how many times I've said it, but I've been around long enough to see this happen before. All hacks like this do is make the users happy. Coders get pissed off and leave the scene because of shit like this. What's good about that?

Saying you're going to use it show me (and I hope others) that you don't actually care enough about the scene to respect others' work. If they wish it not to be hacked, then it should NOT be hacked.

Your view on why the time limit was added is not correct either. There IS a disclaimer. Seriously though... How many people out of the ones that download homebrew read disclaimers? They did the right thing by adding a limit. The protected the people too incompitent to read the warnings.

Respect for coders is what the scene is REALLY all about... And to me, that's something you and too many other people don't have. You said so yourself.

kingslime80
April 16th, 2008, 04:37
Personally, I think the original coders deserve even more respect for only being a little pissed and not completely outraged at this. I have to admit, if someone hacked into my programs when I had already said "just be patient" I wouldn't be happy either. Personally I hope that they will still continue work on their original version and their version trumps anyone else's work.

Note to the original authors of this program: Thank you for all of the hard work you put into making it, and even though it's not my place, I'm sorry someone decided to usurp your work in any way, I hope this experience doesn't chase you and others like you from the Homebrew scene. You do excellent work and I hope to see more in the future. :)

Sairou
April 17th, 2008, 00:00
Rawr, my channel gets stuck after I use the homebrew to load up the other elf files. After I hit A when it asks to, it loads up some code and goes up to a point where it looks like this:

80a0cc2c--> 80a0cc20-->80a0d988--> 80a0dec4-->
80a0c638--> 80a00154--> 80a1c01c

Can anybody help me out on this?

halatosis
April 17th, 2008, 03:08
Personally, I would like to apologize to the Twilight hack devs for being to anxious and using this program. Had I realized this was not condoned, and once I did realize and took the time to think about what bad things this could do to my wii. I deleted the channel immediately, out of respect for the devs and because they have respect for the users. A time limit was put in place to protect us, to keep those overzealous like my self from hurting themselves. I have learned a lesson, and I hope other users will as well take the time a learn what you are getting yourself into before you do it. I hope all of the devs can work to gether to accomplish great things so that we all don't have sub-par crap running on our beloved consoles. Thank you all.

kingslime80
April 17th, 2008, 04:53
Personally, I would like to apologize to the Twilight hack devs for being to anxious and using this program. Had I realized this was not condoned, and once I did realize and took the time to think about what bad things this could do to my wii. I deleted the channel immediately, out of respect for the devs and because they have respect for the users. A time limit was put in place to protect us, to keep those overzealous like my self from hurting themselves. I have learned a lesson, and I hope other users will as well take the time a learn what you are getting yourself into before you do it. I hope all of the devs can work to gether to accomplish great things so that we all don't have sub-par crap running on our beloved consoles. Thank you all.

Seconded. :)

elma
April 17th, 2008, 15:05
Hoi,
I don`t understand as much as you do of this subject but i have one question.
When i have install the snes channel where do i have to put my snes games. Do i have to burn a dvd with the games on it or something else.
elma

h2923j42n2
April 17th, 2008, 17:41
Hoi,
I don`t understand as much as you do of this subject but i have one question.
When i have install the snes channel where do i have to put my snes games. Do i have to burn a dvd with the games on it or something else.
elma

I haven't installed the channel, but I believe that they should boot from the front SD. On my version, which is the one made by vicious1988, the ROMs go in a folder on the root of the card, named 'roms', but you may have to put them in a different folder.

dias_161
April 17th, 2008, 20:02
has anyone tried using this with the MFE media player? because when i try it, the movie freezes after like a minute or two, while if i just use twilight princess to run, it works flawlessly

____anders____
April 18th, 2008, 12:33
has anyone tried using this with the MFE media player? because when i try it, the movie freezes after like a minute or two, while if i just use twilight princess to run, it works flawlessly

it works perfect for me, but it freezes when i press the Z button to exit the movie:(
and i have to run it in 50hz mode, otherwise it will be in black and white..

elma
April 18th, 2008, 12:53
thanks for the advise :):)

Dakota76
April 19th, 2008, 15:04
hi im trying to get the snex channel to burn to disk but it comes up with error saying
Invalid or unsupported image file format
ive tried to burn this with imageburn and dvd decrypter and also tried to open with magic iso all no go
anychance this will come available to work with the TP Hack like the homebrew channel

dias_161
April 19th, 2008, 16:56
it works perfect for me, but it freezes when i press the Z button to exit the movie:(
and i have to run it in 50hz mode, otherwise it will be in black and white..

what version are you using of MFE? can i get a link to it ? =)
also, did u install the ten-minute demo of the Homebrew channel before u tried this one without limits?

____anders____
April 19th, 2008, 19:50
no i didn't use the 10-minute limited one, what do you need a link for?
there's only one version for it, anyway here is it:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104691

299 posts, damn that's annoying:D

masterchief929
April 22nd, 2008, 23:00
i may be posting in this thread a couple days late(or more),but i know the reason they put the ten-minute time limit on it.

Quote:
FAQ

Q: Why the ten-minute time limit?

A: Because it's an ugly, crude version that pales in comparison to what we hope to release in the near future. Think of it as something halfway between a "sneak preview" and an April Fool's joke that nobody else found funny. Our bad.

(For the record, we are also uncomfortable releasing something for general consumption until we've had more of a chance to test it with IOS37. You've been warned.)

as for the resource of this, look here: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_Channel

BTW: i dont wish to stir up any arguments. :)

Robiul
April 23rd, 2008, 12:36

I agree I'm just gonna wait for the finished one

andrewperry1234
April 24th, 2008, 17:38
I too have had problems with MFE and the homebrew channel.. anybody have any tips?

arch feline
April 27th, 2008, 02:15
My Home Brew channel is a black box. Kinda appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UVlxX0SkY

is the video I used. I used Twilight Hack to boot Hell Hibou Launcher to install the Home Brew Channel.

Now I can launch from the SD card by clicking the channel. Yay!

I did this from the most recent Wii firmware (Okami).

____anders____
April 27th, 2008, 14:58
it's cool with the black box, your friends are like, hmmm, what's that thing?:p
but the pic soully did for the real channel is just brilliant, i can't wait to have that one on my wii:p

h2923j42n2
April 28th, 2008, 09:07
it's cool with the black box, your friends are like, hmmm, what's that thing?:p
but the pic soully did for the real channel is just brilliant, i can't wait to have that one on my wii:p

Yeah, the picture selected for the real channel is very good. Marcan posted this (http://marcansoft.com/transf/hbc_test2.jpg) image on #wiidev. That could be a partial hint to what it will look like. Also, Bushing stated on his blog that they plan to release the real version shortly, since they no longer have any specific reason to think that IOS37 could cause a brick if the channel is installed when activated.

Jay_PaRaDoX
May 10th, 2008, 21:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YsF6crSYHE

One of the many new banner channels that I've made this week ;) more to come.