PDA

View Full Version : help with DC server and other things

lordfenix
September 7th, 2005, 20:22
Hello my name is Gilbert Nicks and I have been working on making a Dreamcast gaming server. I have been calling and emailing developers asking for there legal consent to run there games. Ubi-soft and epic already gave me there consent, in time I will have the rest of the developers legal ok.
I really need help on this server, I dont know much about coding but i have been teaching my self. I know this server can happen but I know I cant do it alone I need the help of other DC Users. I could do this myself but it would mean many people that would like to play all the online games DC has to offer would need to wait for about 3-4 years. But with help this project will only take about 1-2 years. I want to get a large group of people working on this project. Everyone that works on this project will get credit for there part.
this is the list of the type of that I need you can do more than one job if you would like this is just a consept list right now.

2-3 people on each web site
2 sites (1 fancey High Bw 1 plain Low Bw for DC users ex)
people working on the high BW site may need Flash knowledge html ext
people working on the Low BW DC site just need HTML java and other
could use dreamweaver for both

3-4 people helping with the server it self
knowlege with networking ext

1-2 people helping me with some documents

2-5 people who know coding and software

3-4 people just helping with research

Please i need all the help I can get

one problem i really need help or advice on is how can i legaly reroute the games ip addy (gameshark,codebreaker,vmu savefile or make a boot disc)

I want to try to make this server as legal as posible and this server will be 100% free to play

please any help will do or advice

sixtyten
September 8th, 2005, 00:42
I don't know anything about coding, but, you have my support. I was thinking that there HAS to be some way to make a VMU file that will load when the game does that gives it some kind of command to connect to a different server. Don't know if it can be done, but, there has to be a way to redirect where it connects to through the VMU or some external device. Modding the game code and distributing it would get us in troubled waters, so, yeah.

Vangar
September 8th, 2005, 06:12
Either an action replay code or gameshark code could make it connect to a different server.

sixtyten
September 8th, 2005, 08:40
Either an action replay code or gameshark code could make it connect to a different server.
Not doubting you...but..how could that work?

By the way, if we want this project to be big (at least more than two people to a game at once) we need to have it be something that everyone could easily get. If a VMU file were possible, we could just put all altered VMU files in an SBI or any other form and distribute it over this site. Not everyone has a gameshark/AR

ptr.exe
September 8th, 2005, 18:12
An AR code would probably be able to change the IP in the game, but i don't think something as simple as a VMU save could do it.

The homebrew DC PSO servers require an AR and a bunch of codes, i assume that is what changes the official IP to the H/B one.

This sounds like a really difficult project.

lordfenix
September 8th, 2005, 20:47
well for gameshark and codebreaker we could just run the codes and save it on the vmu and then post the file on the web

If you want to reach me u can im me on aim: lordfenixnc3000 msn [email protected]

for some reson irc will not let me in the irc chat it says find a closer server to usa and it banned me so i guess the only way we can chat is aim or msn

lordfenix
September 9th, 2005, 22:38
OK I got a small problem we may need to make our own server software so if anyone thinks they can help please let me know

lordfenix
September 15th, 2005, 14:23
great news we got a few games to run we are beta testing this month so if u want to join or beta test group plz send me a email and list what other online DC games u own. we only need about 6-8 ppl and let me say that this is not the only forum this is posted in we are also recording the events so if u would like to see the vids www.gameffect.net is hosting the vids