PDA

View Full Version : What homebrew should I play

darkriku2000
April 10th, 2008, 17:11
Yo, so I hacked my psp about a month ago, and I've gotten pretty board of dgends and snes9x (esp. since they can't go into sleep mode)

So, I was wondering if anybody can recomend a good homebrew game, my favorite game genres are:
Fighting(2D and 3D)
shooting (fps and third person)
action RPG
adveture/action (like kingdom hearts)
and puzzle games with an adventure feel to it (like zelda-ish games)

I already have infinity cat's mugen

So, any suggestions

thanks in advance

Baboon
April 10th, 2008, 19:39
Instead of dgen use picodrive - it plays all megadrive/genesis and sega CD games 100% perfect plus sleep mode works! :)

For 2D fighting you can't go wrong with NJ's arcade emulators (CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo).... games like Marvel Vs Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha3, Samurai Sowdown etc etc all work perfect.

For 3D fighting games then the built in PS1 emulation is fantastic - so games like Soul Blade, Tekken 3, Street FIghter Ex2 etc all work spot on. There not my cup of tea but the ps1 also has some good rpgs too.

JKKDARK
April 10th, 2008, 19:45
There are many great RPG titles on the GBA, get the GBA emulator gPSP :)

darkriku2000
April 10th, 2008, 20:19
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Just one more thing, what do you guys think is the best shooting homebrew, a name for an FPS and a third person shooter (both preferably with multi-player infrastructure) would be great, Thanks in advance :)

Baboon
April 10th, 2008, 22:31
Thanks for the replies guys :)

Just one more thing, what do you guys think is the best shooting homebrew, a name for an FPS and a third person shooter (both preferably with multi-player infrastructure) would be great, Thanks in advance :)

I guess the latest optimised Doom or Quake ports are the best psp options as they support ad hoc multipayer (i think you can play em online too but I haven't really tried).

The only third person shooters I play on the psp would be official sony psp game releases (ie Syphon Filter Logans Shadow and also the excellent Star Wars Battlefront Renegade)... not sure what third person shooters there are in the homebrew scene though really?? ...I guess the PS1 had a pretty big games libary though so you might want to dig out an old PS1 classic to get working on the PSP?

darkriku2000
April 10th, 2008, 23:02
Thanks alot!

You guys where a big help! :)