PDA

View Full Version : Using original Pandora Battery/mem stick with 3.80 ofw PSP

nickerous
April 11th, 2008, 00:13
Just got a new PSP after my old slim burned up. The new psp is on official firmware 3.80. I have a Pandora battery and magic memory stick that I created when the slim was first released. Can I use this to downgrade the official firmware? Do I have to modify the memory stick? Can I modify that memory stick without access to a homebrew enabled PSP?

SSaxdude
April 11th, 2008, 00:38
You should be able to use it if you already Pandorized the battery and put all the files on the memory stick.

nickerous
April 11th, 2008, 00:50
So, right now, the mem stick has all the files used to create it back when the 3.60 slims were released. I can just replace those files with the new files 3.80 files? Or, replace them with the dc5 files?

No_one_in_particular
April 11th, 2008, 00:51
If the Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick were created for your old slim, they should just work on your new one without having to modify anything.

nickerous
April 11th, 2008, 00:54
Well, when I insert the Pandora, the system powers on, but shows nothing on the screen. The memory stick lights up for a second, then the other indicator under the memory stick lights up a solid green and stays on.

I hit x to install the custom firmware, but it shuts off after a second. Nothing is installed.

nickerous
April 11th, 2008, 00:58
I get a M33_360_installer log on the memory stick. It contains this:

Install initialization... OK
Reading IPL... OK
Verifying ipl... Failed -> Not the expected IPL

Can I just replace the M33_360 files with the 380 files?

nickerous
April 11th, 2008, 02:26
Whoo Hoo!

Successfully installed 3.71M33-2. Had to recreate the magic mem stick using the PC and Desperatar V3 files. Everything worked and I am back using psp homebrew! Still using the battery from the burnt psp and the 4gig mem stick that was in the burnt psp.

:thumbup: