PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure review

Kaiser
September 9th, 2005, 00:10
Wipeout Pure

Though most people already have this game I guess the few uninformed should read this. Simply put this game rocks and is a must buy. Its Mario Kart and F-Zero mixed into one wildly addicting racer.

Graphics-4.5/5

The enviroments are simply dazzling at high speeds and the new downloaded levels push that euphoria of speed further. The vehicles are not overly detailed but hold enough polygons and differences to make them all interesting and unique. Effects are basic and fast but go well with the overall sense of speed. The Zone mode is a treat to the eyes with bright blueish neon colours.

Sound-5.0/5.0

Topnotch Techno beats done by the best fit the mood to any race. The Crunching and explosion sounds make you "feel" the damage and the speed. The vehicle engines purr and even howls with the help of the speed boost.

Control-4.5/5.0

Very well done but like all racers it takes some getting used to. All the vehicles handle differently and the styles of driving for them vary. Eventually driving becomes second nature and you can easily twist and turn through the tracks most challenging corners.

Gameplay-5.0/5.0

Simply a must buy for anyone getting a PSP. I seem to think of this game as a showcase title which should be purchased along with your PSP at the very start. If you don't already have it. With new downloadable content coming out all the time there is no excuse to get this game. Its also easily the best Wipeout yet. What more do I have to say, BUY THIS!

bobcobb
September 9th, 2005, 22:27
I'll buy it when its cheap. I'm poor.

YourStillWithMe
September 10th, 2005, 04:01
Kaiser-You are brilliant and yes you are right that is a very good game. Tiger Woods is my fav! ;)

Tron_Fan
September 10th, 2005, 05:37
I agree. My first purchase on the PSP and I still have it and will always keep it for the replayability factor. Some of the time trials can be maddening, but hey, that's all part of the game.
If you liked the Wipeout's on the PS and PS2 then you'll like this one.

AJB2K3
September 21st, 2005, 19:10
i like the psp version because i can play it.but ive never heard of any off the musicians.

shrimpidy
March 14th, 2006, 00:58
Wipeout is an amazing game with lots of replay. different classes of speed and tons of races in those 5 classes that get faster and faster as u unlock them. Plus thedownloadable content gives a great amount of pleasure in thepalms of yur hands.

vettacossx
March 31st, 2006, 07:23
I ACTUALLY GOT THISONE TWO DAYS AGO I REALLY THOUGHT THE PRICE WOULD HAVE DROPED MORE BUT WITH UMD MOVIE SALES IN ALL OH WELL..LOL
that said i DO think it was worth it..but id really like too see an app that lets us custom create a vehicle like the edison carter cheat device for wipeout pure that would be awsome!!!