PDA

View Full Version : Video on a DS lite

Karma-lite
April 12th, 2008, 11:12
Hi All
1st posting, nervous as hell..........

We would like to use our DSlite to watch vids and hear mp3s, the thing is we are Mac users and can't find the best way for us to to go re M3 or media player etc. Any Mac users out there that can help?

Cheers

____anders____
April 12th, 2008, 14:20
i found this one for you,
http://homepage.mac.com/atkinson.d/DPG Converter.zip

and put this in the same folder unzipped,
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mplayerosx/ffmpegXbinaries20060307.zip

i know there's a space in the url but somehow it works..

EDIT: you do have moonshell don't you?

DanTheManMS
April 13th, 2008, 00:18
If there's a version of ffmpeg for the Mac, you can also use that to convert videos for use with Tuna-viDS.

Karma-lite
April 19th, 2008, 10:30
Hi
Thanks anders, I don't have moonshell,
I have Nintendo MP3 player, a SD card and an Imac Intel with itunes thats as far as I am at the moment.
I want to export files from itunes onto the DS MP3 player.

Any help appreciated

DanTheManMS
April 21st, 2008, 03:31
Hm, that could complicate things. Firstly, the tracks you got from iTunes are probably protected by DRM. You'd need to remove those to get plain mp3 files playable by any device. You could then play those on the Nintendo mp3 player. However, you won't be able to view videos, as you don't really have a fully-functional homebrew device so you can't run Moonshell.

____anders____
April 22nd, 2008, 22:07
yeah, you need moonshell, otherwise the DPG converter is pretty useless for you..

Karma-lite
April 23rd, 2008, 20:13
Hi
1stly thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

How do I get Moonshell.?

The itunes mp3s are all self loaded onto itunes not via itunes store so that may make it easier.

If I save the mp3s onto the desktop and then drag and drop onto a SD card via a reader will they show up on MP3 player on the DS don't forget it's on a mac.

cheers

DanTheManMS
April 23rd, 2008, 23:43
Dragging and dropping should work, but I'll admit I know very little about the official Nintendo mp3 player product.

You can't get Moonshell on your device, sorry. Anders was just stating that you would need Moonshell in order to view videos, which is a moot point since it's not possible for you.

Karma-lite
April 27th, 2008, 10:24
Just to round MP3 and the DS lite for Mac users

Any self loaded Mp3s in itunes can be drag and dropped onto a SD card on the Mac desktop.

via a card reader the SD card appears as an external device, open and create a folder with your title and drag and drop selected files from your itunes playlist into the folders these will then appear in MP3 Player.

Video is another thing for now................

____anders____
April 27th, 2008, 14:50
yeah you will need to have a flash-cart for your DS to play Movies via moonshell..

rosannaamber
April 27th, 2008, 16:49
hello people.
i have an R4 okay
nd i download beup.
it comes up as a sims 2 file
so i try change properties..
but what do i change it to rahhh :(

pls pls pls get bak to me..
thanks x