PDA

View Full Version : Firmware and emulators

creevo
September 10th, 2005, 17:34
Hi,

I have a PSP with v1.0 firmware and have noticed that many of the latest emulators released are mainly for 1.5 based PSPs.

The new builds of PSP UAE, CASTAWAY and the new Pspectrum are all built for 1.5.

Is it possible that builds will be made for 1.0 firmware PSPs?

Mr.Modem
September 10th, 2005, 18:18
You can convert 1.5 eboots to 1.0 by using the excellent tool Sei PSP.

creevo
September 10th, 2005, 18:34
Thank you very much for your reply my friend.

:)

Mr.Modem
September 10th, 2005, 19:28
You're welcome!

atyrannyofsouls3
September 12th, 2005, 23:25
does anyone know if there are any emulators that play on the 2.0 update ?.... i recently made the mistake of updating my psp for the new web browser ( shudve just bought wipeout pure eh ? ) and now i cant use any of my homebrews or roms..... and i just finished editing that TP shooter game with some simple photo shop edits and wanted to c if it wud work............lifes a B**ch huh lol

creevo
September 13th, 2005, 00:00
All you can do really is wait for a downgrader when it comes out. Even then, I'd be very wary about using it

I know of a few people who went out and bought PSPs on the first weekend of the launch and upgraded straight away.

konartist2
September 14th, 2005, 05:39
im looking for an emulator for SNES games so i can get ROMS. I cant find any good emulators or games that work with the emulators. can someone point out a good emulator so i can have some games on here. lol

Kaiser
September 14th, 2005, 06:31
im looking for an emulator for SNES games so i can get ROMS. I cant find any good emulators or games that work with the emulators. can someone point out a good emulator so i can have some games on here. lol

SNES TYL

konartist2
September 22nd, 2005, 00:18
SNES TYL
The link does not work. ive been trying to use it, but it does not work. im hoping there is instructions on how to install the emulator. thats what i have been having problems with. Thanks though, i just bought burnout legends and it had a version 1.52 on it. it said it added security features.

pubjoe
September 22nd, 2005, 01:55
I hope no one minds if I jump on this thread, but I've tried to upgrade my 1.0 to 1.50 and I always get a "this game could not be started" error.

I've downloaded the update from 2 different sources (both linked to from this site) but I always get the same thing.

I thought it might be because I have used WAB version changer before (trick to 2.00 then back to 1.00), does this perminately write to the flash chip or something - which causes an error in the firmware check by the 1.5 update???

Does anyone know anything about this - I may still leave it at 1.0, but I was just wondering why it didn't work and if anyone has had this problem before. I've found threads where people have had the same error, but never found a solution (and you can't use most forum's search functions for the words: 1.0 or 1.5!)

Thanks.

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 03:37
The link does not work. ive been trying to use it, but it does not work. im hoping there is instructions on how to install the emulator. thats what i have been having problems with. Thanks though, i just bought burnout legends and it had a version 1.52 on it. it said it added security features.

You should have used the WabChanger v2.5 before you tried the game.
You could have (tricked )your Firmware to 2.0 and play all the games and emulatore.
If you upgraded to 1.52 using the game then you can kiss all the emulators and Hombrew games goodbye

ataribob
September 22nd, 2005, 03:42
Wab Changer will only work for 1.50.

I have heard that if you upgrade your PSP with firmware 1.0 to 1.50 you will not be able to play any homemade games or emulators. ???( Don't know if this is true)

You best bet is to keep it at 1.0 and play the thousand of games and emulators on it.
Or upgrade and spend $40.00 for each game