PDA

View Full Version : Important notice for PSP users with 2.00 version!!!

Dice1990
September 10th, 2005, 23:56
As you know homebrews do not work on 2.00 or 1.51 or 1.52.

If you place a homebrew on a 2.00 PSP it wont run says corrupt data.
I have made a homebrew that will go past that. it will actually stat loading up. Just with the PSP screen coming up and the music playing.
The game is PSP tic tac toe. I want my named mentioned as I am register with you guys, My name is realritzcracker, ritzcracker, canesfan08.
You are the first with this breaking news. so i would appreciate you to list my name by the download like with all your other members.

This 2.00 homebrew was made by realritzcracker ritzcracker and canesfan08. This program is only for 2.00 owners.

This homebrew will read as a update to 2.10. which is not real and the foler is named update cause UPDATE is the only folder the 2.00 psp will read as not corrupt and it has to be named as This homebrew was made by realritzcracker aka dico aka canesfan08 aka ritzcracker aka crisco
this will not update you psp this is for 2.00 version psp only. The 2.00 psp will only read the file UPDATE
as not corrupt any other file name in the game folder will read as corrupt. That is why the folder is named
UPDATE and the security of the 2.00 psp will only read updates. and the updates have to be higher then 2.00
so that is why it reads as psp version update 2.10 which is fake. This will not update your psp. This is only for
2.00 psp. I'm not responsible for your psp breaking. this is not a update and is only for 2.00 pspa update to not be corrupt. I also have a video of this working in the video you can see me filming with my bad digital camera showing you the version 2.00 the wallpaper function and the web browser the me going to the game file and running the homebrew ill send three emails one with eboot one with video one with read me
--------------------------

Sound fishy?

Did to me. However, czech out the following video:

http://www.psphacks.net/files/homebrew2.0.mp4

Look pretty convincing?

Yah. I thought so too.

So, here's the EBOOT:

http://www.psphacks.net/files/UPDATE.rar

Skeptics: I have personally tested this eboot and it WILL NOT HARM YOUR PSP.

Just remember, the program does not load, however, it will get past the "corrupt data" prompt. Always a first step has to be taken, and it looks like this is it.

I have just gotten an update, realritzcracker has told me that he hopes to be able to get the actual data.psp file to load soon. It is a work in progress.

Remeber.. you heard it here first.

Cheers

Found this on some web....
aint workin on my version 2.00 :mad:
maybe if some of u guys try it works.
or maybe its just a fake (i aint such a computer genius, hehe :rolleyes: .

Cap'n 1time
September 11th, 2005, 03:14
old news. this has also been perfected by the wab team. Its a simple matter of replacing some numbers in the header section with a hexeditor. the heads up is appreciated though.
see this link for more info on that.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9716&highlight=progress

Cap'n 1time
September 11th, 2005, 03:19
heres a little of my info if your interested in doing this yourself

Edit: this is very very simple. You can do it with a simple hex editor. I dont feel like dling 2.0 to test it, but i can tell you all what to do for this so you can try it on your own.

all you need is a hex editor (lots of free ones out there) and about 5 seconds of your time.

First you open a 1.5 eboot (not the one from the % folder)

second you can search for something that says 0200 0800 and simply chang it to 0200 0100 not sure if this works for everything. but its interesting. check it out. It wont take you but like 4 seconds anyway...

I guess this is supposed to make the game freeze, which means that the 2.0 firmware will allow the elf file to be read rather than just calling it bad.

So to explain what I think he was saying in proper english as some of you are assholes.

He is saying that if 2.0 users put this on their psp in the folder then the psp will crash on the white screen, rather than just calling the data corrupt. It might seem useless to some people, but Thats progress because it means that the PSP is actually trying to read the file.

This has been done before by some guy who created a folder called update and put a pbp file in it.

This is interesting because it seems when Sony created the update it seems they must have had kxploit in mind. So they made it crash when something was in the header.. Kind of stupid really, but it did throw people off.

Now then I am sure that ps2-dev.org is calling this useless but it was a nessicary stride twards launching homebrew on the 2.0 PSP.

here is the file converted for 1.5 . It includes a bak file for you to compare to the pbp if your interested. Even though this says its WAB's stupid warez launcher its not.. so no worries.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wabyohack15.zip (467.0 KB, 181 views)

wraggster
September 11th, 2005, 12:35
please post in the correct forums :)

Daishi001
September 11th, 2005, 14:51
Omg!
Thats the idea!
If you do this on the 1.50 Firmwave update!
The system will think its an upgrede to 2.10 but by that it will put your firmwave into 1.50!

Dice1990
September 11th, 2005, 21:47
1st it was all chinese to me but now its comin clear, btw im new sorry for posting in wrong place. since i got my update and b4 i had 1.5 now i have 2.00 im just really pissed off with that i cant play the cool homebrew stuff any more, cause ma friend told me and made me believe homebrew works on psp version 2.00 and this was true and now i cant go back again :( .

shizzle
September 11th, 2005, 21:57
this is way old news. Everyone slagged this guy off for wanting tons of credic for something had been already been done and was of hardly ne use.

Dice1990
September 11th, 2005, 22:38
but were can i get a 1.5 firmware im lookin all over da place

shizzle
September 11th, 2005, 23:43
you don't even know what psp sites host the firmware. I don't hink they should let you near the flash.