PDA

View Full Version : shenmue problem

skatelike
September 10th, 2005, 23:55
hi dreamcast fans

i've just bought shenmue and when i want to play it it just doesn't boot(it stay at the sega screen and then goes to the dashboard)but when i try disc 2 or 3 it play just fine

anybody know what's the matter

PS:sorry for my english i'm french :)

Coagulus
September 11th, 2005, 10:18
It sounds like a damaged disc - you may be able to use a cleaner on it but DC discs tend to be a bit more susceptive to scratches than ordinary discs. You may have to replace disc one - failing that, you could try downloading a VMU save which starts you on the second disc. That might at least allow you to play the rest of the game!

kgenthe
September 11th, 2005, 16:40
Go to a store that can resurface discs and give that a try. A buy/sell/trade store around here does it for a couple of bucks, and they have nice commerical grade equipment. If that doesn't work, I would buy another copy. I would hate for you to miss out on any part of Shenmue :)

Also, depending on your morals, try searching for a torrent of the first disc. (I know this is against the rules, but he clearly owns the first disc).

Eric
September 12th, 2005, 01:38
Do you have a PAL Dreamcast or a NTSC meaning if your from Europe you should have PAL if your north american you should have NTSC. Anyways if you have a pal version of Shenmue get a bootdisk that will boot the game. If you have a Pal Dreamcast using a NTSC version you might have to do the samething. But if your using the same nation disks on the same nation systems then you have a problem.

Eric

skatelike
September 12th, 2005, 15:02
thank you all guys

i will see what i can do :D