PDA

View Full Version : Updating Firmware

skacore dan
September 11th, 2005, 01:51
Hi, bit of a newb here but i felt like asking this, just incase i made a mess of things.

Im looking to purchase a new mem stick for my psp and im worried about accidently upgrading the firmware.

I own a jap psp, firmware version 1.0 however im very cautious about accidently updating the firmware. Does the psp firmware come on the mem sticks, and is updated via the mem stick? I dont actually know how u update the firmware lol. Could somebody please explain how one would update the firmware? So im a bit more aware of things. I am very worried that if i purchase a new mem stick i will update my psp. This prolly sounds stupid to a more knowlagable psp owner, however better safe than sorry i guess.

Hope some1 can help, Daniel.

benny blanco
September 11th, 2005, 05:22
:cool: updates ussually come from games.if you input a umd that requires an update to play, the menu screen will come up and go strait to where you select the umd game, right below that selection it will say you need to update to play, dont select the update, or you will be powerless. do you hear me? Powerless, :)

psp 1.0
over 750 games and still movin strong with enough space on the memory card to capy doubles of each file.

skacore dan
September 11th, 2005, 15:33
Thanks for the helpful reply =). I obviously havnt come to having an update alert from a game yet, however when it does state about updating the firmware, if one would select to bypass the update, would the game still play? Or would one have to update to play the game.

Ta, Daniel

Humbug
September 11th, 2005, 17:36
i think if a game requires a update to run you cannot bypass it

skacore dan
September 12th, 2005, 03:14
Ive been trying to decide wether i should update to 1.5 However im unsure how to actually update? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Cheers

ICE
September 30th, 2006, 06:04
memory sticks cant upgrade your psp

LilSwish722
September 30th, 2006, 06:13
memory sticks cant upgrade your psp
yea...they cant...u hafta download the upgrade then put in the right folder and select it...so unless u wanna upgrade, u dont hafta worry about it