PDA

View Full Version : Can i downgrade from a cf?

thejonbell
April 15th, 2008, 19:59
that pretty much explains it: is it possible for me to downgrade from 3.90m33-3 to a custom firmware before that?

that is, without all of that pandora garbage; i dont wanna have to buy another battery, unless it's really necessary.

i just want off of 3.90m33-3, because of some bug that wont let me launch music or pictures (half the reason i bought the damn thing)

mike_jmg
April 16th, 2008, 04:43
Pandora is the only way I know

bah
April 16th, 2008, 11:37
I'm pretty sure 3.90M33 can just run the official firmware install file.

Edit: Found my reference:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100316,

If you question what micronut says regarding the PSP without trying it first, you obviously know a lot more than me about the system. :p

You'd be better off sticking with CFW and taking the time to really look into your problem though.

Also: Pandora is FAR from garbage. Polar opposite in fact.

thejonbell
April 20th, 2008, 17:25
oh, i never meant to refer to it as garbage- it's more than likely the best thing to happen to psp homebrew.. well, probably ever. but, i just dont wanna buy a battery, what with me being cheap. lol. thank you very much though!

MicroNut
April 21st, 2008, 02:35
that pretty much explains it: is it possible for me to downgrade from 3.90m33-3 to a custom firmware before that?

that is, without all of that pandora garbage; i dont wanna have to buy another battery, unless it's really necessary.

i just want off of 3.90m33-3, because of some bug that wont let me launch music or pictures (half the reason i bought the damn thing)

You want to go to a previous custom firmware version not an official firmware, correct?
There is no recovery method for firmwares greater than 3.71M33
You will have to use Pandora.
Which isnt all the bad.
This is everything I know about Pandora (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148040799&postcount=8).
If you use UPMS its very easy to use a Pandora battery as a regular battery.
Its a simple processes.

bah
April 21st, 2008, 11:14
Agh, way to miss-read the question Bah.
Completely skipped over the 'custom' part somehow.

Nice one Micronut.