PDA

View Full Version : RoboTORN3D v0.5

wraggster
September 11th, 2005, 12:15
Anonymous Tipster has released a really cool 3d FPS game for the PSP, heres the info:

This is a 3D FPS homebrew game developed by the AnonymousTipster, currently there are two types of weapon:
1. The Plasma shot - this is the basic gun, which can be used to fire long bursts of shots by holding down the fire button.
2. The OPII Grenade Launcher - this second and most powerful gun is sure to leave devestation! Streams of grenades fire out, and the distance they fly can be controlled by looking up and down. These grenades will detonate on hitting the ground. The OPII can be picked up during level 5 and onwards.
There are two mission types in the game:
1. Deathmatch mode, in missions of this type, a message will pop-up on beginning the level which will say 'Kill 20 Enemies' in which case, you need to kill as many enemies as it tells you to.
2. Base Attack mode, a message will pop up saying 'Destroy 4 powerstations', which you need to destroy the yellow and black striped boxes with cogs on them - these are the power stations and when hit, a counter will appear at the top of the screen, counting down the health of the power station you are shooting at. After destroying all the power stations in a level, you will complete the mission.

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/RoboTORN3D.shtml

If anyone takes some screens id love to see them (no digital camera at mo)

infamousdevil
September 16th, 2005, 16:58
Although there is only one type of bad guy/monster... although there's only two guns to choose from (I haven't even seen the grenade launcher yet)... although the sky is just one weird color... This game is a true accomplisment! First of all, it's a fully 3D engine without pixelation! There's smoothing and freelook, and the plasma gun shots are very beautiful and they cast a blue glow upon everything they come close to as they travel!

Remarkable job, AnonymousTipster!

I can't wait until 5 releases from now, I'm positive it'll seem like a much more rounded game! Do you think there will be 3D modeled bad guys soon? Ad-Hoc/Infrastructure Deathmatches? How many weapons will there be in the end? So many questions... But I must say, this is the best 3D FPS game accomplisment in the homebrew scene so far!

Mourningstar
September 17th, 2005, 10:30
Hmmm...its very interesting...

Replace the enemies with more interesting ones and make your weapon viewable and it will be on its wat to greatness....cant wait for ruture releases.....

bill00000
September 17th, 2005, 23:29
Yes, this should be very promising. That would be cool if this lead to an open source FPS engine for the PSP. Not sure about the authors feelings on that.