PDA

View Full Version : Genplus emu for dc

vadim100
September 12th, 2005, 01:05
sorry to bother you guys but i got a problem i have a dreamcast manufactored febuary 2000 and for the last 2 days ive been trying to get genplus to work on my dc i used their selfbooter then selfboot then utopia. i use nero to burn the images and the files are nrg i went through something like 15 cd-r's and no im at a complete loss of what to do i also tried using DCgenerator with no luck. and uptopia doesnt work all i get is a music track that doesnt play. and all the nero images just spin for a few seconds then completly stop and whne i push play it says insert game disk any help
thanks

TyBO
September 12th, 2005, 02:36
Have you tried Selfboot Inducer? I used to have problems burning DC discs too, but this thing worked for me.

http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/files/

Sbindv4.exe is the program Selfboot Inducer. Download that and install it in "C:\Selfboot" (or any directory, as long as there are no spaces in the name). Once it's installed, use the same link, and click "Emus" on that page. Download "Genplus3_bO.sbi."

Once you have all that, use the following tutorial to make a bootable Gen Plus disc:

http://www.dcevolution.net/DCHelp/index.php?id=sbindv4

The tutorial is pretty straight forward. If you burn the disc in "Disc-at-Once" (DAO) mode and it doesn't play, try burning the disc in "Track-at-Once" (TAO) mode, and vice-versa. You can chose between making a DAO and TAO disc in Selfboot Inducer by clicking the plain Nero image for DAO, and the TAO image for TAO (obviously). In Nero, right before you burn, it should let you chose between DAO and TAO, so pick the one that matches the .nrg file you made.

I hope that's helpful. If you're still having trouble getting your disc to boot, don't hesitate to ask!

krowstrife
September 12th, 2005, 02:44
remember to burn really slow at least 8X i went through 25 cdr until i figured it out

vadim100
September 13th, 2005, 02:13
guys thanks a million i used what i got from you guys and from about 200 other threads and about 20 cd-r's and found out that nero 6 is only compatilbe with the tao not the dao self booter and that i need to finalize the disk and burn at 8 x no it works fine thanks a million and by the way do you guys knkow the best settings for genplus to make the games run faster?
thanks again