PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 leaked?!

Cap'n 1time
October 14th, 2004, 08:52
From the good people of xbox-scene

Halo 2 leaked onto the Internet 26 Days Before Official Release
>> From GamesIndustry.biz:

Microsoft has launched an investigation into the leak of a version of Bungie's forthcoming Xbox title Halo 2, which has made its way onto Internet piracy sites and newsgroups almost a month before the title is due to launch. (November 9-11)
The pirate copy of the game, which is thought to have begun circulating last night, claims to be a French PAL version.

"Microsoft has learned that a version of Halo 2 has been posted to various newsgroups and web sites," the company said in a statement this morning. "We consider downloading this code or making it available for others to download as theft."
"We are currently investigating the source of this leak with the appropriate authorities," the statement continued. "Microsoft takes the integrity of its intellectual property extremely seriously, and we are aggressively pursuing the source of this illegal act."
The launch of Halo 2 worldwide remains unaffected.

Read the whole article on GamesIndustry.biz. (More: slashdot.org, GameSpot.com, bbc.co.uk, TheRegister.co.uk, ...)
You can see the NFO of this release on nforce.nl.

We very stronly discourage you to download such a release. Gamers who download games illegally can face a maximum penalty of $100,000 per infringement for copyright violations.
Support the software companies. If you play a game BUY it!
Buy Halo2: Amazon (USA) - Amazon (Europe)
(October 14 06:20 EST) - (direct link to article)
(Posted by:: XanTium)

Cap'n 1time
October 14th, 2004, 08:55
I am sure they are going crazy over this. From what i have read they have a great deal of security just for the halo 2 booths at E3 and all of the testing facilities. I wonder how they got away with this one.

Cereal
October 14th, 2004, 10:30
I doubt this has any real major impact on the sells tho.

Mental2k
October 14th, 2004, 15:11
Arf. All it takes is one leak link in the chain. Could be someone at a warehouse. Especially if the warehouse was privately leased. One copy missing wouldnt be missed. Then if the right guy nicks it, its all over the net.

Alexvrb
October 15th, 2004, 00:35
I heard it wasn't an Xbox-live capable version.

dbgtwill1
October 15th, 2004, 22:51
EVERYTHING MICROSOFT IS STOLEN! LOOK AT THE XBOX ITS SORCE IS BASED ON LINUX THATS WHY YOU CAN RUN LINUX ON THE XBOX!SO WHAT IF HALO IS LEAKED ITS SORCE CODE WAS STOLEN IN THE FIRST CASE!

IM NOT SAYING I ENDORCE PYRACY BUT MICROSOFT IS BASED ON PYRACY SO THAT BLOKE BILL GATES IS A THEIF IN THE FIRST PLACE ;D >:( ;D

IM SORRY IF OFFEND ANYBODY (EXCLUDING BILL GATES HIM SELF) ;D 8)DBGTWILL1

Cereal
October 16th, 2004, 00:37
I know you might know this but the cap lock button is over to the left side of your keyboard. I think you might of hit it. Its a tricky little bugger next time you might wanna make sure its off.

Hawq
October 16th, 2004, 04:43
It'll be a short game though, the leaks a French one so first sign of the enemy master chief will surrender. Obvious comment recycling there, waste can be a bad thing

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2004, 11:19
EVERYTHING MICROSOFT IS STOLEN! LOOK AT THE XBOX ITS SORCE IS BASED ON LINUX THATS WHY YOU CAN RUN LINUX ON THE XBOX!SO WHAT IF HALO IS LEAKED ITS SORCE CODE WAS STOLEN IN THE FIRST CASE!

IM NOT SAYING I ENDORCE PYRACY BUT MICROSOFT IS BASED ON PYRACY SO THAT BLOKE BILL GATES IS A THEIF IN THE FIRST PLACE ;D >:( ;D

... Kindly shut the fook up, The XDK is based around direct X. If im not mistaken that is a microsoft product. Also take a look at your keyboard, can you touch the "A" key?! The capslock key is aprox. 1/2 an inch away from the "A". take your pinky finger and move it 1/2 an inch to the left (if you write with your right hand then its the direction on the other side) and touch the capslock key. You may notice that a light above the numberpad set of keys to your right (closer to the hand that you probably write with) turns on and off when you touch that button. make sure it is off.

As for you Hawk, you are an admin and I have respect for you... but that last comment was completely uncalled for and I think you should edit it. Just a suggestion, thanks.

I dont think this will affect the sales at all because when Halo 2 is actually released thats when the piracy really starts. Show some respect though. This is probably the single most important release in xbox history! Buy the game! Pay Bungie for their work, they sure as hell deserve it.

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2004, 11:27

I just actually read this and I wanted to point out how completely stupid you are.

You think because Xbox can run linux it is based on linux source code?! The xbox is a computer, just like the one you are probably using. It has a motherboard, a processor, ram, a powersupply and everything it needs to run. Linux runs on the xbox, as does windows 98 (thats just a really anoying process so no one does that). They are operating systems, they have nothing to do with what goes on when halo runs and what not. Halo 2 source code was created with the XDK which has absolutly nothing at all to do with linux and is most deffinatly a microsoft product.

...Stay in school.

LyonHrt
October 16th, 2004, 11:36
Well to be honest i'm going to close this topic, not cause of the silly capslock topic, but i don't feel like discussion on a leaked game is going to do this forum any good, plus it will most likely end up with requests for it.
Feel free to discuss halo 2 in another topic, but avoid any discussion of the leak.