PDA

View Full Version : GBA emulator for my DS (R4)?

jangotangos
April 19th, 2008, 04:15
Any links you can point me to?

JKKDARK
April 19th, 2008, 04:22
There aren't. Game Boy Advance is compatible on the DS.

Fredgoobus
April 19th, 2008, 18:59
Get a flash cart

dark heart
April 26th, 2008, 11:37
hi, before this thread drops down can i ask something on the matter? my little brother is getting a CycloDs Evolution for his nds and i wanted to help set up some things for him as he doesn't have a computer yet. he wants to play gba roms on his ds, but i just want to know, whats the procedure for loading up a gba rom? just put it in what ever fold all the other ds games go? i don't know the file structure, I'm completely new to this.

jazzat_135
April 27th, 2008, 10:52
If you want to play gba games on a DS you need a slot-2 flash cart. There is no emulator and gba can't be emulated on a DS. To emulate something the system needs to be significantly more powerful.

thedicemaster
April 27th, 2008, 20:08
you need a slot-2 gba memory card such as ez-flash 3 in 1.
where you place the files depends on the slot-1 cart you use.

M3 real for example needs it's .gba files in a %root%\gba folder
while some may need a special loader that can load them from any location

masterchief929
April 27th, 2008, 21:07
LIES!!!! you do not need a slot two! i have backed up my gba games on my m3 real. its slot 1!!!....... ok... im done yelling.

DanTheManMS
April 30th, 2008, 01:14
Take out the slot-2 addon that came with your M3 Real and then try launching the GBA game. It doesn't work.

shtonton
May 7th, 2008, 01:49
I have a GnM (i know, pathetic) but i was wondering pretty much the same thing. I know there are programs that force the slot 1 to read from slot 2 but could there be a program on the Slot-1 that somehow tricks the DS into thinking its reading from slot 2? I know, i probebly sound dumb but i was thinking about that.

DanTheManMS
May 8th, 2008, 01:19
It's not as simple as that unfortunately. Just as an example, where will the GBA game run from? Once the DS boots in GBA mode, all DS-specific features (like slot-1) become unavailable, so it wouldn't be able to run from a slot-1 card even if you could get past the fact that GBA games and DS games are run in entirely different ways.

stefcep
May 18th, 2008, 02:06
I thought no$GBA emulated the GBA on DS:
http://nocash.emubase.de/gba.htm

DanTheManMS
May 19th, 2008, 02:25
no$GBA emulates the GBA and DS on your computer, not the GBA on the DS.

Tikker
May 19th, 2008, 05:07
LIES!!!! you do not need a slot two! i have backed up my gba games on my m3 real. its slot 1!!!....... ok... im done yelling.

100% wrong

you can not run gba games without a slot2 card of some sort

heathenasparagus
May 25th, 2008, 14:41
100% wrong

you can not run gba games without a slot2 card of some sort

how do i do that ?

i have an m3Real, with the rumble-ram pack,
and i can't run gba games over 32mBIT (2mBYTE)
how do i patch \ load large games?

thedicemaster
May 26th, 2008, 12:32
how do i do that ?

i have an m3Real, with the rumble-ram pack,
and i can't run gba games over 32mBIT (2mBYTE)
how do i patch \ load large games?

get a GBA-ram slot-2 device(such as the m3real GBA-ram or the EZ-flash 3 in 1)

theotherfreakyguy
May 27th, 2008, 00:18
The GBAMP Multiboot thing comes with a .nds application that is supposed to boot .gba files...? Anybody know about this?

Also, How come, when I try to load the NES games i dumped form Animal Crossing, that fit into the GBA's RAM, they freeze the GBAMP? This seems strange.

stuape27
June 14th, 2008, 16:58
ok, im sorry to bother you all

but is there no way then that the gba games can be packaged, more than emulated. Because theres that program which makes nds to gba, is there no way to reverse that, so it basically pretends to be a nds file, that just has one screen blank, and one screen with the file, or are the files just too different