PDA

View Full Version : Epic's Mike Capps Reiterates Hate on Wii

wraggster
April 20th, 2008, 19:10
In an interview with IGN Saturday at the New York Comic-Con, the Epic Games president Mike Capps lays down the law: No Wii game is ever forthcoming from his company. The reason? "We go forward, not back." Apparently the Wii is not next-gen to him.

I'm not gonna poke the snake of what-is and what-ain't next-gen. Let Capps do that for himself:

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. Obviously there's a class of people who really love it and enjoy it and are getting into the games but I'm still waiting for that one game that makes me play it.
Now, granted, the Wii comes in for cutesy-poo abuse from hardcore gamers as the day is long. And from the tone of the titles and the console, it's hard to imagine Gears of War sequel using the Wiimote (I own neither, just assuming). But it's not like Wii titles put up marginal sales figures. That doesn't mean every developer has to start building a title, pronto. But neither does it mandate a developer totally shut the door on the industry's top-selling console if he's not. Just sayin'.

http://kotaku.com/381844/epics-mike-capps-reiterates-hate-on-wii

idapimp
April 20th, 2008, 21:28
that is stupid. the wii has all kinds of awesome games (mostly made by nintendo). its sad that a company wont support a system with alot of potential just because of this such as graphics and processing power. graphics dont make a game. gameplay makes the game.

tomek123
April 20th, 2008, 22:17
Wii is the only next gen console, Sony and Microsoft are still working on their motion sensing contollers as we speak!

Justise
April 20th, 2008, 22:22
I agree with him.
Wii is nothing more than a last gen console with an interesting controller. They could attach the Wiimote to any other console including gamecube instead of releasing it as a brand new console.

Wii didn't sell just because it has a unique Gameplay... It sell mostly because as a last gen console it was Extremely cheap.

a system with alot of potential. Yeah!... Right!:rofl:

vicious1988
April 20th, 2008, 23:11
I don't want any of that shit from Epic anyways, they haven't made a decent game since UT2k4. Again, for those who can't read a damn thing and think GoW kicks ass, THEY HAVEN'T MADE A DECENT GAME SINCE UT2k4! And even that was at the low end of my gaming library.

gamer4250
April 21st, 2008, 06:28
This guy is pretty much 100% right. The Wii is 90% casual money-making games, and 10% "hardcore" but toned down games to please the rest of everyone so they know they aren't completely being neglected, only mostly.

guttertalk
April 21st, 2008, 14:26
@Justise: And I could say that the 360 and PS3 are last gen consoles with better graphics.

Changing out the hardware doesn't necessarily make a console "brand new" when it really doesn't change the gameplay. I have a 360 and a Wii, and the 360 is fundamentally closer to my PS2 than the Wii is.

To be fair, no one is really taking advantage of the 360 or PS3 horsepower, just as some publishers aren't taking advantage of the Wii's controls.

vsniper
April 21st, 2008, 15:17
The guy is an idiot. I'm not going to make games for a console that has more units in population than any other... smart.

Besides that, it's about the games. I could name a lot of games that I wouldn't play after 2 months. If you pick up the right games, the ones you really like, you will still play the wii. I still play RE4 even though I've finished the game and the Ada mode. I play GH3. I just started playing Tombraider, but I imagine I'll be still playing that as well.

Zimond
April 22nd, 2008, 12:55
Probarbly this idiot was never into nintendo games at all. If you don't like Zelda, Mario and Metroid or never played one of its prequels its no miracle that the wii gets boring after 2 months.

linkinworm
April 22nd, 2008, 15:50
o well epic wont make games for wii, boo hoo, get over it, the wii is crap, all the games are either budget games that you can find in pc for free, or there just not worth it period, only nintendo sega games are good on wii so far. i only own zeldaTP and wii sports for my wii, all my money goes into m 360 because the acheievements give more replay value.

kingslime80
April 22nd, 2008, 19:29
o well epic wont make games for wii, boo hoo, get over it, the wii is crap, all the games are either budget games that you can find in pc for free, or there just not worth it period, only nintendo sega games are good on wii so far. i only own zeldaTP and wii sports for my wii, all my money goes into m 360 because the acheievements give more replay value.

Well Whoop-di-do. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I DO agree that Nintendo makes SOME of the best games for the Wii, but it's only a matter of time. Besides, have you ever bothered to play Raving Rabbids 2 with friends who also enjoy it? It can be pretty funny.