PDA

View Full Version : what' i miss?

dark heart
April 21st, 2008, 12:41
hi, internets been down for more than a month now, may not even be able to see the results of this thread for a while too. would anyone mind filling me in with any good homebrew slash news updates over the past 6 or seven weeks, short and sweet would be good, thanks in advance. Oh and very very interested to find out about modable games such as quake updates and stuff.

-Xandu-
April 21st, 2008, 13:37
Nothing much has happened, only like 2 M33 updates maybe.. Also, some useless homebrew and some NEO Flash entries.

jamotto
April 21st, 2008, 13:54
Updates to shell NervOS, Several nice homebrew games, a few less than useful homebrew. Many improvements to the Slim compatible Lua Player and PSP KVM Java Virtual Machine.

bah
April 21st, 2008, 13:56
'Useless' homebrew?
I guess that is a matter of personal opinion.

I certainly would not call the changes contained in Picodrive 1.40b (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103042) (7/4/2008) useless.

dark heart
April 22nd, 2008, 03:43
well if there are any other good homebrews/updates, can i ask for some specifics please? i can at least google it if i have a name

-Xandu-
April 22nd, 2008, 17:01
'Useless' homebrew?
I guess that is a matter of personal opinion.

I certainly would not call the changes contained in Picodrive 1.40b (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=103042) (7/4/2008) useless.

Well yeah? The PSP Scene isn't as alive as before, so.. Homebrew now is useless IMO.

Triv1um
April 22nd, 2008, 17:06
Well yeah? The PSP Scene isn't as alive as before, so.. Homebrew now is useless IMO.

Very true, I've sold my PSP now. Its not the same anymore.

bah
April 23rd, 2008, 10:19
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm surprised to hear that POV from a coder though.

Its not as if all the existing quality homebrew apps somehow stopped working because new ones were not being released.

May I ask what systems (that the PSP is capable of emulating) do you want emulated that are currently not, and/or what games that have the source available are leading you to dislike the PSP because they are not available on the platform?

Or is there another system that has a more (quality/fun) homebrew game releases that you are drawn to?

Baboon
April 23rd, 2008, 11:22
PSP is the ulitimate homebrew machine. The only reason its slowed down and died out is becasue most things are already emulated and working very well.

I'll never part with my psp... having all the portable emulators I could wish for is just to dam cool. :)

dangee
April 23rd, 2008, 20:28
Slim and m33-3.90 compatibility issues are much improved.
CounterStrike PSP could overtake Quake as one of the best 3d homebrew games,
but its still very much a WIP.
Luaplayer 0.21 is likely to improve the range & quality of Lua homebrew,
if its ever released. Till then, Homemisters been doing loads of
good stuff with Luaplayer HM.

erm, btw what's been going in the outside world for the last 6 weeks?

dark heart
April 24th, 2008, 02:32
CounterStrike PSP could overtake Quake as one of the best 3d homebrew games well i respectively disagree, quake was a classic.

erm, btw what's been going in the outside world for the last 6 weeks?

....my cat ate a mouse :D apart from that, nothing...oh yer the Beijing Olympics too. lol

darkriku2000
April 24th, 2008, 19:53
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

-Xandu-
April 24th, 2008, 22:23
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm surprised to hear that POV from a coder though.

Its not as if all the existing quality homebrew apps somehow stopped working because new ones were not being released.

May I ask what systems (that the PSP is capable of emulating) do you want emulated that are currently not, and/or what games that have the source available are leading you to dislike the PSP because they are not available on the platform?

Or is there another system that has a more (quality/fun) homebrew game releases that you are drawn to?

Yeah I never said it's a bad scene now, but it's not the same exciting any more. And that's the fate of every scene.

Well the iPhone scene isn't as exciting as the PSP Scene and never will be. But yeah, it's more active than the PSP scene now right? ;)

dark heart
April 26th, 2008, 11:55
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ :O oh wow my day has been enlightened :P