PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Legends skids to stores

wraggster
September 13th, 2005, 20:14
The Burnout franchise has made a name for itself with its diabolically satisfying crash-filled racing gameplay. The spectacular wrecks in the game make The World's Scariest Police Chases look like bumper cars. That over-the-top action was limited to the comforts of the living room, as Burnout never made it onto a portable system.

Today, however, all the crazy carnage is one step closer to portable, as Electronic Arts announced that Burnout Legends for the PSP has shipped to retailers. EA also today confirmed a DS version of Burnout Legends, which will speed onto Nintendo's portable this November.

The game is a sort-of "Best of Burnout" compilation, taking some of the series' popular modes and shrinking them onto the PSP. Among the previous modes given more life on-the-go are Burnout 3: Takedown's crash mode, Burnout 2's pursuit mode, and the standard race, time attack, and multiplayer modes (now with wireless connectivity).

The game was developed by the UK company Criterion, who have taken their talents off the road with Black, a first-person shooter expected to ship in 2006 for the Xbox and PlayStation 2. The studio released the first official trailer for the shooter yesterday.

lowride
September 15th, 2005, 22:33
do i need to have upgraded to 2.0 before i can play burnout?

as ive heard you need at least 2.0 to play Winning Eleven

RedKing14CA
September 15th, 2005, 23:11
well there is a booter going around for it, so i dont know.... all i know is I HAVE TO HAVE IT

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2005, 02:19
well there is a booter going around for it, so i dont know.... all i know is I HAVE TO HAVE IT

finally.. a psp game i can actually enjoy (other than wipeout... which is getting old).

lowride
September 16th, 2005, 16:20
i bought a EU version, im on v1.52, i dont wanna upgrade incase there is a downgrader. but right now, i cant play burnout and i cant play homebrew. The Europe version is actually 2.01, i dont know if that'll be downgradable at all.

squeeky hinge
September 20th, 2005, 14:42
finally.. a psp game i can actually enjoy (other than wipeout... which is getting old).

wat do u mean haven't u got need 4 speed rivals :eek: its one off the best titles out the now 4 psp and i would say the same 4 tony hawks remix :D