PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE Problems... Can someone help me?

spillway
September 14th, 2005, 14:16
Hey all,

I've had my PSP for a while now and in general i've had no troubles with the majority of the emulators but the Amiga emulator PSPUAE is giving me the horrors.

I have installed the Eboot.pbp files, and i've tried several v1.3 Kick.rom's.
It seems to execute, i get a long black screen, then some little red and green boxes appear in the bottom right of my screen very briefly, and then i get dumped back to the main PSP screen.

I'm using the new version with keyboard support. The Kick rom is in the same folder as the eboot, and i have tried the renamed df0.adf file in the PSPUAE folder and the PSPUAE\DISK folder.

Nothing is working...

Hope someone can help me relive my childhood :).

parabolee
September 14th, 2005, 14:35
Well you don't need to rename the disk file to DF0 adf anymore, just use the disk selector.

Are you renaming the kick rom to kick.rom (check the readme but I think it has to be called that).

spillway
September 15th, 2005, 12:48
Well you don't need to rename the disk file to DF0 adf anymore, just use the disk selector.

What disk selector?

As i said i get practically nothing... a little red box, and a few little green boxes down the bottom of the screen.

The Kic.rom has been renamed kick.rom. It's a version 1.3 and i have tried several different versions to no avail.

parabolee
September 15th, 2005, 14:40
Well you don't need to rename the disks at all. Once it boots up correctly you can pause it and insert disks into the virtual disk drives.

Try converting the 1.00 to 1.50 or something. I havn't tried the new version with keyboard support because there are no speed improvments and right now it's too slow to play. Go with the Atari St Emu for now. Most of those classics you want to play are available on that and almost as good as the Amiga incarnations.

spillway
September 15th, 2005, 23:16
Oh yeah... I discovered CaSTaway last night... my god... i felt like i was 7 again.

Amazing how poor the sound on the ST was compared to the Amiga though.

ArugulaZ
September 16th, 2005, 01:12
How is CaSTaway, anyway? Does it run at full speed? Are there any good games worth checking out for the Atari ST?

JR
/still waiting for a PSP emulator of HIS childhood computer, the mighty VIC-20!
/OK, so it wasn't so mighty, but it was a heck of a lot of fun
/will have to settle for PCE for PSP and the 15-in-1 Mega Collection until that dream emulator comes out

Mr.Modem
September 16th, 2005, 13:53
CaSTaway runs at full speed and emulate most Atari ST games. It have many nice features, such as a virtual keyboard and savestates. Parabolee have made a list of good games in the offical CaSTaway thread (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10660). All those are worth playing.

spillway
September 16th, 2005, 14:28
But all this still doesn't solve the mystery of PSPUAE. The thing that really shits me is that you take all that time to make an emulator and then you deliver it with no bloody instructions!!!

parabolee
September 16th, 2005, 15:06
I thought it came with instruction?

PM me and I'll mail you my copy of it all set up for 1.0 PSP, but it's the one without the keyboard. But it's not running good enough to play yet anyway so...

spillway
September 22nd, 2005, 10:26
Ah Ha!!!

I finally got it working... Thanks for the help Parabolee.

It was a simple as stupid Windows making my kick.rom have an extra .rom at the end.

I must be slipping.

The Amiga has the best version of Speedball 2 ever, however the speed at the moment is a little lacking.

Patience is required... :)

tentonipete
September 28th, 2005, 16:37
would either of you guys mind explaining how you got it working? i have the same problem spillway had...

no txt file with any instruction on where to put the roms or anything!

thanks in advance :)

Eqvaliser
September 29th, 2005, 20:31
Well i got pspUAE launching to kick rom, 1.3 works, but i cant load disks.. :p and disk "selector" aint great for games with 2 disks or more. :(

Farcicalname
September 29th, 2005, 22:46
To use PSPUAE you need a kick13.rom file, you need to rename it to kick.rom first. Drop that into your PSPUAE directory. Now create another dir called DISKS, drop your games in there.

Dah Dah

Press select in the EMU to access options and to select disks.

Simple when you know how eh?

tentonipete
September 30th, 2005, 09:02
To use PSPUAE you need a kick13.rom file, you need to rename it to kick.rom first. Drop that into your PSPUAE directory. Now create another dir called DISKS, drop your games in there.

Dah Dah

Press select in the EMU to access options and to select disks.

Simple when you know how eh?
thanks. i figured the disk bit out. and i got a kick.rom from my amiga ;)

do you know how to make the screen larger?