PDA

View Full Version : Backing up you games?

danrowland
September 14th, 2005, 16:38
Anyone seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-PSP-GAMES-ON-DISK-20-GAMES_W0QQitemZ8218438638QQcategoryZ91514QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

is this a wind up?

cheers!

F34R
September 14th, 2005, 20:59
Its basically someone trying to sell ripped games. Its illegal. Period. I've reported the post. You should do the same.

danrowland
September 15th, 2005, 09:20
but i didn't think this was possible, do you think the idea is that they play off the memory stick?

F34R
September 15th, 2005, 10:13
Yep. Thats basically what you'd do.

Uzeless
September 16th, 2005, 21:35
Very naughty, but I like the idea of backing up my OWN games to play off a memory stick. Think of the extended battery time!!!!
I do, however, urge people not to go down the 'pirate' route for your PSP. I used to do this with my GBA and you just don't appreciate 'gaming' once you do it. For instance, I downloaded and played on my GBA 'Metroid Fusion' and it just didn't feel right playing it. A month or so later, I decided to actually BUY it and I found that I enjoyed it a whole lot more. Strange.

pepegomez
September 17th, 2005, 08:59
unfortunatly it from uk though there are other laws and afaik u can make an own backup of everything but not sell it lol even if its only for owner

magicj
September 17th, 2005, 10:44
yeah the guys designing the games dont deserve it put a lot of time and effort in to making all us guys happy

my brother has spiderman and my kids asking him to borrow it all the time. if he rips it to his memory card would it play directly on my psp?
or do i need software to run from the card?
ive a low iq on psps .complete newbie here lol..also quick question is there any difference between the usa and uk /jap editions of the console?

Greensprout
September 17th, 2005, 19:11
yeah the guys designing the games dont deserve it put a lot of time and effort in to making all us guys happy

my brother has spiderman and my kids asking him to borrow it all the time. if he rips it to his memory card would it play directly on my psp?
or do i need software to run from the card?
ive a low iq on psps .complete newbie here lol..also quick question is there any difference between the usa and uk /jap editions of the console?

You can only play the 'backups' IF you have a v1.00 or v1.50 PSP..

UK ones come with v1.52

Kaiser
September 17th, 2005, 19:17
Enough talk this thread should be locked.

pepegomez
September 17th, 2005, 19:20
y? well magicj its not allowed to talk about ripping games and warez, sry but just pm <deleted> or someone else for help.

No offering help for warez.

Uzeless
September 17th, 2005, 20:34
Jesus! If you want the games but don't want to pay £35 to £40 for them, IMPORT. Some games are as cheap as £15 including delivery.