PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with Pandora/PSP/ETC

Zhaden
April 23rd, 2008, 07:31
Ok i have been trying to make a Pandora battery for 2 days straight now and was wondering if anyone could help me.

the main problems i am having are that i cannot access my MagicGate 4GB (most likley fake) through my USB because it keeps asking to format, then when i do format i can access it. Second, I have been trying with Pandora Installer for 3.xx kernels a number of times (Pandora Installer for 3.XX -R3b i have currently). However, my CF was 3.52 M33-4 when i tried and i got the error "the Game could not be started (80010016). So then i retryed through recovery but when i try with 1.50 kernel it says the same message. SO then i updated to 3.90 M33-3 I think it was and i get the same errors. I have a umd in my slot, i have CF.

I guess its noteworthy to say this morning i tried using a 'quick' pandora maker on my battery and now when i put it in only a black screen loads and it turns on automatically so i assume that failed. So now my PSP PHAT only works with the Charger in. And i guess i should say im doing this all to get CF on my 3.80 PSP SLIM. Oh and 2 days ago i pryed the cover to my psp open because i figured 'hey i will never need this again i might as well get it open so i can clean it' (i was looking for right size screwdriver for a while). And in it i cleaned it however i pryed off the Analog Sensor i assume thats on the bottom Left on the PHAT (Small silver rectangle i think?). Oh and my battery most likely has some type of water damage due to me trying to clean my psp with water and it seeping through. (Phew)

Im pretty sure i summed it all up, but hey maybe i didnt explain clearly.
Main Points Bolded or underlined
Oh and while im at it, i have a custom XMB on my Phat if that matters which im trying to use to get my slim working (i can get access to friends battery, and i brought theirs to CF but they updated accidently so im not sure there)

MicroNut
April 23rd, 2008, 09:05
I guess its noteworthy to say this morning i tried using a 'quick' pandora maker on my battery and now when i put it in only a black screen loads and it turns on automatically so i assume that failed.
Nope it worked.
You have a Pandora Battery.
That is exactly how its supposed to behave.
Sounds like it just cannot find the files it needs on the memory card.
Your next step is to create a Pandora memory card.
I highly recommend that you make sure you have a genuine memory card for this.
You do have may options.
They can be made on a PSP on a PC with a memory card reader.
There are several applications to choose from.
This is what I know about Pandora (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148040799&postcount=8)

mike_jmg
April 23rd, 2008, 21:08
As MicroNut said you do have a pandora's battery now, cause it behaves like that

you just need to create the magic memory stick, I did mine with an autoinstaller called Despertar V3 by Mr Dune, try to find V4 or V5, cause V3 is no longer available

Zhaden
April 23rd, 2008, 23:06
Ok so i have been trying some more and here are my discoveries:

1. Everytime i try and start something like the Pandora Battery Firm Installer or OS Pandora Installer or whatever i always get the same error saying the game could not be started. Im on 3.90 M33-3 now and have tried both kernels and have made sure i had the 1.50.PBP or UPDATE.PBP on my root.

2. When i was trying to format my memory stick through mspformat.exe X i get the "Pseudo Format is not necessary" and when i try to do my msipl i get the Can't read BPB Sector and error setting filepoint.

Thank you for the above posts for i realize i had a pandora battery but not a MMS to run it and thats the main problem i have (i have converted it back to a normal battery). Im just not sure what to do anymore because ive been trying essentially nonstop even though i am making progress.

*i am going to try and get my friends memory stick, and see if i can get his Psp back to CFW as he accidentally updated to official FW. ( ihave to look up how to do this)

UPDATE: I used my friends OE PSP and did the whole thing in 5 minutes compared to the three days on mine. uhm My problems were unresolved so it would still be good to find the answers.