PDA

View Full Version : Alas, I can emulate no more

Tron_Fan
September 15th, 2005, 17:24
With Midevil :Resurrection, they force you to take version 1.52. Bummer, yeah, but I must play that game :)

So I leave the homebrew scene, somewhat reluctantly.

However I must report that the web browser in 2.0 is pretty cool.

See you all again when you can play homebrew games on later versions!!!

parabolee
September 15th, 2005, 17:46
Well there are several ways to play a game that forces an update without actualy updating, you should have looked into that first.

The WAB version changer fools the PSP into thinking it's a higher version, and there is the no update loader that skips the update check.

So sucks for you really. Sorry.

shadow77
September 15th, 2005, 18:35
uhm, I would never upgrade to play that game, but yes.. there have been ways of playing UMD games without upgrading to the required firmware for quite some time. you basically upgraded for no reason at all.

ah well :/

Tron_Fan
September 15th, 2005, 19:45
Yup, that was pretty stupid of me, I suppose. I guess I should have looked into alternatives to upgrading, but I didn't even think about it.

What's done is done. Maybe someone else will see this and can benefit from my mistake.

Cap'n 1time
September 15th, 2005, 20:04
Yup, that was pretty stupid of me, I suppose. I guess I should have looked into alternatives to upgrading, but I didn't even think about it.

What's done is done. Maybe someone else will see this and can benefit from my mistake.

well your not totally out of luck. perhapes you can use the upcoming downgrader and then load the version loader. almost as if you never lost anything.

Heran_Bago
September 16th, 2005, 00:18
rofl! Way to do your research pal.

ArugulaZ
September 16th, 2005, 01:05
Mental note: Warn people against the upgrade on the PSP section of my web site.

Yeah, the WAB version changer works great... it fools the PSP into thinking it's running a later revision of the firmware, AND still lets you play homebrew software, all at the same time! I thought I'd have to continually switch back and forth between the revisions with WAB to play homebrew games, but it's totally not necessary. Talk about the best of both worlds!

I can't blame you TOO much for upgrading your firmware for real, Tron_Fan, but for a game like Medievil: Resurrection? I'd have a lot more respect for your personal taste in video games if you did it for Burnout Legends (henceforth known as "pure portable awesome").

JR

Drumst1ck
September 17th, 2005, 06:38
Fingers crossed that someone will resurrect the now discontinued downgrader.
:'(
if not those with 1.0/1.5's will be sitting on goldmines :D